Pro-163 frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterkemp47

First, let me apologize if this topic has been discussed before. I have spent most of this day searching the forum for an answer and here I am.

Last night I bought a RS PRO-163 to replace my very old RS scanner. I wanted to get something that handled trunking and was also PC programmable.

I paid the money to get the ARC300 software and a subscription to RR. Software works fine and the RR downloads come over.

Problem is -- the software appears to upload to the scanner but nothing shows up in the scanner. When I plug the cable into the back of the scanner, the sound goes dead but nothing changes on the screen to indicate that it is doing anything. I read in one post that it should go into clone mode to be able to accept the data upload. I downloaded Win 97 to see if it's the software but Win97 brings up an error message when I try to upload saying it couldn't read back what it sent.

Is this a sign that the scanner is defective or that the cable isn't good. The green light comes on like the ARC300 software is sending the data. The scanner just doesn't seem to be accepting.

I've wasted pretty much a whole day trying to figure this one out (not to mention $60 for the software and subscription) and would really love it if someone has an answer to my problem.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be sent.

peterkemp47

Just call me a dumba$$

I finally figured that out when I noticed that several posters in other threads commented on making sure you aren't plugged into the headphone jack. After close investigation, I discovered the right jack was just above the headphone jack.

Plugged it in and everything uploaded everything is perfect. Even the trunking is working. Can't believe I wasted so much time on a stupid mistake.

Thanks for your response. I look forward to actually enjoying my scanner experience. Your software did the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.