PRO-163 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukeboy67

Premium Subscriber
2 questions: 1. I need help on how to reset it because I want all old freqs out of the memory. And 2. How do I trunk the channels? This is all so confusing to me.

SCPD

QRT
2 questions: 1. I need help on how to reset it because I want all old freqs out of the memory. And 2. How do I trunk the channels? This is all so confusing to me.

From Marksscanners.com

To Initialize the scanner, turn off the scanner then turn it back on. Press 0 when the welcome screen appears. 'Please select factory tests. Exit if no key is pressed' will briefly appear. Then quickly press 1. 'Initialization clear all memory Enter to confirm Clear to exit' will briefly appear. Quickly press ENT to initialize. 'Initializing, Please stand by' then appears. Do not turn off the scanner while it is initializing. The display should then show M000 on the top line and Bank 0 CH 00 when finished.

As for the second question, again, marksscanners to the rescue.

http://marksscanners.com/index.shtml

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
2. How do I trunk the channels? This is all so confusing to me.
Welcome to RadioReference.com! You have to program in what you want to monitor. This is best done with a USB cable for your PC and software. If you want more specific help, we need to know where you are and the specific system/systems you want to monitor.

Merry Christmas!

nukeboy67

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RadioReference.com! You have to program in what you want to monitor. This is best done with a USB cable for your PC and software. If you want more specific help, we need to know where you are and the specific system/systems you want to monitor.

Merry Christmas!
I live in Decatur, TX and I want to monitor LTR, Motorola and MPT-1327 (I don't even know), and EDACS.

nukeboy67

Premium Subscriber
Trunking

I still don't get it, I need steps on how to program since most of the freqs. are above th 806 mHz freq.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I still don't get it, I need steps on how to program since most of the freqs. are above th 806 mHz freq.

Not sure which systems you are looking at, all I see in the RR database for Wise County are VHF-HI and 453.XXXX UHF frequencies.

Are you also looking at the Denton County system?

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
He is trying to monitor Wise County, Texas. Not sure about the MPT1327 public safety system though.
Larry

I figured that, I am about 35 miles East South East of Decatur in Flower Mound. We are getting hammered on our CERT repeater by the Decatur system on 453.6875. Wish they would move to 800.

Last edited:

N8IAA

The Decatur system is what his trying to monitor Decatur Public Safety Trunking System, Decatur, Texas - Scanner Frequencies . Not familiar with MPT1327 systems. I believe that it can be monitored by putting in all frequencies as conventional. Then locking out the CC. The rest are LTR, and can be programmed into the 163. Nukeboy, you will have to follow the LCN (logical channel numbering) for the LTR systems. That means if the channels start on X01, or, X02, and skips channels (you must skip those channels too). All frequencies must be entered for the LTR systems to work, no exceptions:)
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.