PRO 163 LTR trunk scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
I decided to reprogram my PRO163 scanner with two LTR business system that local. I use WIN97 to upload to my scanner and with radio reference web import function. Now if I want to listen to anything on this system do I select close or keep it open?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's been a long time since I did anything with RS scanners, so don't take this as gospel - but I think 'Closed mode' is similar to Uniden's ID Scan - it only hears what is programmed. 'Open Mode' hears everything....someone correct me if I'm wrong...Mike

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. I know there is activity on these systems. I had them pre programmed until My daughters friends 3 year old son climbed up and hit a bunch of buttons and I had to reset the scanner.

DJ11DLN

Thanks for the replies. I know there is activity on these systems. I had them pre programmed until My daughters friends 3 year old son climbed up and hit a bunch of buttons and I had to reset the scanner.
My Pro-651 doesn't accept external power since my granddaughter knocked it off my desk. Kids, you gotta love 'em, but they can be awful hard on electronics!

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
...'Closed mode' is similar to Uniden's ID Scan - it only hears what is programmed. 'Open Mode' hears everything....
Correct. I'd start off with OPEN mode unless you know a specific TG you want to monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.