PRO-163/PRO-164 & 2ea. PRO-95 & PRO128

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_Eye2000

Feed Provider
I have the above scanners listed, I need information as why at times they just go crazy, I am in Daytona Beach, Volusia County, trunked Ecads system, Some days while running all the scanners at one time I will start getting the control channel hang (that load ststic), sometimes it will continue on and scan, I will also notice some days or nights while one scanner stops on a transmission to monitor a talk group, my other scanner will act as if its stopped to monitor the same talk group but there is no readable audio, just clicking sounds like a mic is being keyed up, its like its caught a bleed over and stops it from scanning, I was looking to see if anyone has had same issue,,? I understand there are firmware updates out there but is that the problem? BUT on some days they all will work great side by side.. is there a way the tower system can cause a bleed over at the tower end causing a transmission or (carrier) that would cause my other scanners to stop on a adjacent freq. non-audio-transmission.. I someone can help me out on this, if anyone uses IM / Chat, I am (PEye2000 on google chat 24/7) or (AIM / AOL as PEye2007) for you guys still using yahoo, I am (P_Eye2000 at Yahoo chat) ... Thanks ahead of time, you guys are great, John

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I have the above scanners listed, I need information as why at times they just go crazy, I am in Daytona Beach, Volusia County, trunked Ecads system, Some days while running all the scanners at one time I will start getting the control channel hang (that load ststic), sometimes it will continue on and scan, I will also notice some days or nights while one scanner stops on a transmission to monitor a talk group, my other scanner will act as if its stopped to monitor the same talk group but there is no readable audio, just clicking sounds like a mic is being keyed up, its like its caught a bleed over and stops it from scanning, I was looking to see if anyone has had same issue,,? I understand there are firmware updates out there but is that the problem? BUT on some days they all will work great side by side.. is there a way the tower system can cause a bleed over at the tower end causing a transmission or (carrier) that would cause my other scanners to stop on a adjacent freq. non-audio-transmission.. I someone can help me out on this, if anyone uses IM / Chat, I am (PEye2000 on google chat 24/7) or (AIM / AOL as PEye2007) for you guys still using yahoo, I am (P_Eye2000 at Yahoo chat) ... Thanks ahead of time, you guys are great, John

According to Volusia County Public Safety Trunking System, Volusia County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies there is are East, West, and Daytona Beach sites for this system.

As for the hanging up on a frequency, verify that all channels are set to EDACS mode.

I also see that some channels are "DATA" or "TELETYPE". Are tou scanning in the OPEN or CLOSED mode? Closed mode will only scan talkgroups you have entered.

Depending on how close you are to a transmitter and how strong that transmitter is. scanners can be fooled in stopping on adjacent channel or even out of band transmissions.

shadcall

Hey there,

Shoot me a PM and we can see about getting together. I also have a 163 and 164 and will be happy to check things out for you. Not sure about the other two you mention, but probably can figure them out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.