Pro-163 Scanner Programming Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

treydawgmt

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I have some programming questions. I live DeKalb County, Illinois, but most of my questions are I think are generally generic.

I am able to find lists of frequencies in my area on Radio Reference. I'm a premium member, and have ARC-300 to program my scanner. I have the ability to very simplistically make this work. What I am trying to figure out is how to better program this for what I want. For example, I am currently trying to get a bank of "State" frequencies. All the MABAS Fireground frequencies and Police Tactical frequencies. When I download the bulk list of "Statewide / Common / Shared" frequencies, I get what I want, and a LOT more. I know I'll need frequencies, alpha tag, mode, and PL/DPL from the excel file to go into ARC. But do I need anything else?

Some of these entries have 2 frequencies. -
851.0125 809.0125 WPWW367 Statewide Common Shared Interoperability All Agencies 800 MHz Tactical 1 Reband ICALL (Reb) 156.7 PL

Is one example. How do I enter both frequencies, or do I need to?? (I'm thinking since this is 800 MHz, I may not be able to...)

Also, FMN - FM Narrow band I'm guessing. Do I still just select "FM" in mode?

What about DPL - that isn't an option, and the 315 that is part of 315DPL isn't an option.

Finally, if it says CSQ, what do I select in PL/DPL?

Any other suggestions on what to read? I've been reading what I can, but not having great luck.

Thanks so much!

N8IAA

Hello all,

I have some programming questions. I live DeKalb County, Illinois, but most of my questions are I think are generally generic.

Some of these entries have 2 frequencies. -
851.0125 809.0125 WPWW367 Statewide Common Shared Interoperability All Agencies 800 MHz Tactical 1 Reband ICALL (Reb) 156.7 PL
The red frequency. It is the output of a repeater, most likely, simplex on the frequency. This is the one you want to monitor.

Is one example. How do I enter both frequencies, or do I need to?? (I'm thinking since this is 800 MHz, I may not be able to...)

Also, FMN - FM Narrow band I'm guessing. Do I still just select "FM" in mode?
FM will work. Since the radio you have doesn't do Auto mode.

What about DPL - that isn't an option, and the 315 that is part of 315DPL isn't an option.
It is an option. Try DCS=DPL.

Finally, if it says CSQ, what do I select in PL/DPL?
CQS=Carrier Squelch. When someone keys up on a frequency, there is no subaudilble tone (CTCSS/PL, or, DCS/DPL) sent.

Any other suggestions on what to read? I've been reading what I can, but not having great luck.

Thanks so much!

Just ask questions here. We will try to answer them the best we can:)
HTH,
Larry

N8IAA

Of, course, if you want to listen to the state trunked system, you will need a digital, P-25 scanner. It seems that your county has TGID's on the system. You may want to ask in the ILL state forum further down the page for more local info.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.