Pro-163 TG hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadSpleen85

Looking at adding a Pro-163 to my desk to pick up the slack from my Pro-2051.

The 2051 will not hold on a trunked talkgroup without losing the conversation, will the 163 hold on a single talkgroup and keep up with the active control freqs?

Thanks in advance for the help. I searched and was not able to find my answer.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider

The 2051 will not hold on a trunked talkgroup without losing the conversation, will the 163 hold on a single talkgroup and keep up with the active control freqs?

Have not tested that on the 163/164 yet but will do this week. The Pro-97 will not track the control channel change while in "ID HOLD", at least my two will not. For my scanner feed, I have just the channel(s) I want to send to the feed programed in the sub group and the radio in the SCAN mode.

DickH

YES. When it stops on a Talk Group, press and hold TRUNK until "ID HOLD ON" appears.
To continue scanning press SCAN or TRUNK. (page 46 in the manual).

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
will the 163 hold on a single talkgroup and keep up with the active control freqs?

For Motorola trunking system, my experance with the Pro-97 and Pro-164, the answer is NO. Every night, the main system I monitor changes control channel every night. If I use the "ID HOLD" or "PSE" feature on the scanner, It will not continue to work once the control channel changes. To continue to listen to a single talk group, I have to leave the radio in the scan mode with only the single talk group active in the scan list. I have not tested this on a EDACS or LTR system.

Status
Not open for further replies.