PRO-163 UCAN Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWhiting

Premium Subscriber
I am new to scanning as well as the Radio Reference website. I purchased a RS PRO-163 yesterday. I live in Salt Lake County and I hope I purchased the correct scanner. I am mostly interested in listening to the UCAN system but I am having trouble programming my scanner. I would like to buy the data cable and some software but at this point the cost is prohibitive to me.

I have programmed the freqs for the Salt Lake Site in their own bank and set the bank to Motorola Trunking, but when I tune to the control channels all I get is the sound of the data stream. I am pretty sure I am missing something or I purchased the wrong scanner. Thanks in advance for your help.

Spadinator

The only way I got my Pro-164 which is the mobile version to program with out getting a college degree is I used the psr300 software. You can download it and use it for 30 days before you have to buy it but you do have to buy the cable. I had to program the rebanded table rather that the standard trunking table.

TWhiting

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I actually dug deep in my pockets and bought the ARC300 programming software, which happens to be on sale at the software writers website for $15. The cable was the most expensive part. Anyway, I am up and listening to UCAN now.

Status
Not open for further replies.