pro 163

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinderjackson

here is my problem folks,being new to trunking,( ive been a scanner buff since 1970,)i moved from mid state oregon to south texas,seems most here are 800 trunking,ive two older pro 2052 and i have been able to make them trunk ok but,i bought a new pro 163,never could make it work right,so i now have soft ware and cable,loaded the soft ware and its in ok,all works thus far,been able to load freqs,id numbers but,for six days now ive been redoing things and cant get the darn thing to trunk right,the id,s are loaded as are the freqs,all in order and such,but only one freq seems to work,when i look at the ids,they are in order but when i go manual,it shows the id on the control ch then i see other ids flash,but no sound,some times i do hear on ch 1 some traffic but only on the first of the five freqs,when i manual the freqs it says edacs,none) on the four not working,only the control ch shows edacs,try as i have ive done every thing i can figure to try and load the others right but no luck and dont get me started on the opps manual,seems gre does not print a decent manual,not like my pro 2052,they are readable and workable but not this 163,
iam about ready to toss this thing,any one have any ideas what iam doing wrong or what could be the problem thanks

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Are you using Win97 to program the radio? If so, did you use the WEB import feature? What system(s) are you wanting to monitor?

kinderjackson

nope not win,i loaded the free trial program from this site,its still acting the same,tho ? ect bank 1 chan 00
ed; none
i think i give up been working on this crap for eight days now with no luck,it just wont trunk track so who knows

ToDaMax

Premium Subscriber
I have found that the Pro 163 is a complicated system and difficult to master its workings. I'm not sure what exacly you are doing, but i can tell you what i did to program my scanner for trunking.

My system is a Motorolla Type II so i hit Trunk and changed the Mode to Motorolla. I then put the TRS frequencies and make sure that they say MOT at the end of each. then I hit Trunk and type in the TGIDs and then Close the Bank.

If you already know how to put all this in, then try this

I also have EDACS, and it works somewhat the same. If you have trouble getting anything try this
-Make sure your LCN is correct. Maybe you messed up or missed a frequency
-Try putting the first frequency in Channel 01 instead of 00. I dot know if it helps, but it doesnt hurt
- I dont know if you are using Manual or Scan function. I really dont hear a lot when i use Manual
-Could it be Encrypted or Digital? Some do that

I dont completely understand your situation, so i am just throwing suggestions out there

N8IAA

nope not win,i loaded the free trial program from this site,its still acting the same,tho ? ect bank 1 chan 00
ed; none
i think i give up been working on this crap for eight days now with no luck,it just wont trunk track so who knows
Letting us know where you are located other than south TX would allow us to help you better. What system are you trying to monitor:confused: Without this basic knowledge we are just the blind leading the blind:)
Larry

N8IAA

I have found that the Pro 163 is a complicated system and difficult to master its workings.

If it is your first trunktracking scanner, yes it will be difficult to comprehend compared to a non-trunking scanner:) Having had it's predecessor, the 97, it was a breeze to program. The manual for the 163 is definitely lacking in how to program a trunked system. That is why there is a link under the scanners in the wiki on using the older manual from the 97. Getting programming software for these radios makes it easier to understand how it works. Trust me, I've lost a lot of hair learning how to program TT'ing scanners:D
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.