pro 163

Status
Not open for further replies.

lietz08

Hello sorry to bug you guys but I can't for the life of me get my scanner programmed. I live in Appleton, WI and have look at all the forums/help sheets and can't make out how to set up triple trunking. I have the codes and the scanner just can't add them together. If there any chance someone can walk me through button to button? The codes are in the page for outagamie county wi. Thanks for the help. I

johnnylemo

Premium Subscriber
I could be wrong as I'm fairly new to using scanners, but the Pro-163 is an analog scanner and most of the traffic in that county is P25 Phase I Digital.

Are you trying to add P25 TGs or the FM

lietz08

I know it will work..

I programmed it when I lived in Brown County Wisconsin and it was the same setup I just can't find the email that I got and a guy told me button by button what to add and now I am stuck. My radio shack pro 163 is capable to run p25 tg's when I'm trying to set it up tgid shows

trp2525

...My radio shack pro 163 is capable to run p25 tg's when I'm trying to set it up tgid shows

Contrary to what you believe to be true the PRO-163 WILL NOT decode digital P25 phase I or phase II as it is an analog-only scanner. Confirmation of this information can be found in the RR Wiki for the PRO-163: Pro-163 - The RadioReference Wiki

Here is the link to the Easier to Read Manual for your PRO-163 scanner which will guide you through programming the scanner: Easier to Read Pro-164/163 PSR300/C/400/C Scanner Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.