Pro-164: "All Channels Locked Out!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim38

Premium Subscriber
For those of you that are pros, you probably see this question a lot from us novices. After the display kept locking up on weather frequencies on my Pro 164, I initialized the scanner. Since then, I get the message "All Channels Locked Out!" when I turn the unit on and off. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

KE5BCP

Analog Man
For those of you that are pros, you probably see this question a lot from us novices. After the display kept locking up on weather frequencies on my Pro 164, I initialized the scanner. Since then, I get the message "All Channels Locked Out!" when I turn the unit on and off. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

From page 49 of the .pdf manual:
"Caution: This procedure clears the scanner’s
memory. Initialize the scanner only after trying
all other methods to correct issues."

All Channels Locked Out = nothing programmed into scanner

jim38

Premium Subscriber
I see said the blind man. I downloaded the ARC 300 software and have been downloading the program without errors, but it appears that it is not populating the scanner with data. Looks like I need to figure out the ARC 300 software to see why.

Thanks,

jim38

Premium Subscriber
a beautiful thing just happened. I changed the usb port from the one that was automatically selected (usb/com1) to usb/com12. Everything downloaded!!!!! I'm scanning BABY!

<<<<<<<<crowd rora>>>>>>>>>>

tomatsi

Premium Subscriber
port 3

I have been trying for hours to download onto the pro164 scanner. Nothing is transferring. Not sure how to change port

Status
Not open for further replies.