PRO-164 and CB monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagadka

I'm a neophyte with a new PRO-164 scanner and I have a question about scanning CB frequencies.

I know the scanner has an ability to scan the CB frequencies in its dedicated search bands (i.e.SR1) but I'd like to monitor them in a regular scan of the regular channels (1-9), Is it possible to incorporate the SR1 channel scan into a regular (1-9) band scan or do I need to program the CB frequencies into a regular band? Or am I just missing something?

Putting the CB channels into a regular band seems the only way to go but also seems redundant. How best to handle this?

Thanks in advance.

N1BHH

Not really, just program in what you want in memories.It's up to you how you want to do it. The search feature comes in handy when checking for band openings, otherwise I could care less about CB.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
But bear in mind the scanner will be wildly insensitive to CB, because the provided antenna is horrible at those frequencies.

If you actually want good reception, you'd have to connect the scanner to a proper CB antenna, too.

Zagadka

just program in what you want in memories

As I thought. Thanks for confirming that.

the provided antenna is horrible at those frequencies

Yes, I had heard that. I'm using an RS mag mount or a Diamond as needs require. Much better reception in either case.

Thanks to you both.

DJPerson

How do you scan the CB frequencies in the dedicated search bands (i.e.SR1) ? I am unable to do this on mine.

N8IAA

How do you scan the CB frequencies in the dedicated search bands (i.e.SR1) ? I am unable to do this on mine.
First, make sure that the squelch is closed to allow scanning, then while in the CB search range, push FUNC, then SEARCH. The scanner will do the rest:)
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.