Pro-164 belt clip slots broken off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruiseomatic

The "slides" on the back of the radio that hold the clip on, Finally broke off. What can I use to repair it? I need something like the clip on the XTS3000 battery. Long and has a wide opening. Need this fixed kind of soon. Tired of locking the keys and stuffing it in the door panel everytime I need it.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
For best results, what you need to do is replace the entire back half of the radio case. You can order them by going to Radio Shack. I've replace a few before. The price was ~$10.

Cruiseomatic

Thanks guys. I like what Squad has suggested. Found one that is steel and I can bolt directly to the case and not deal with the plastic crap that breaks after a while. Gm, Do you have a part number for the back case if I want to replace it?

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Thanks guys. I like what Squad has suggested. Found one that is steel and I can bolt directly to the case and not deal with the plastic crap that breaks after a while. Gm, Do you have a part number for the back case if I want to replace it?

I do not work till Wed and will post ordering information then unless someone beats me to it.

Cruiseomatic

Thanks KC. Would still need the back shell if I ever want to sell the radio. Which would require removing the D-tap but that shouldn't be to hard.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
RSU Part number 12461638 for the pro-164 CASE REAR ASSY will cost you $12.69 plus shipping and is In Stock
RSU Part number 12418273 for the pro-164 CLIP BELT will cost you $3.49 plus shipping and is In Stock

Both items can be ordered at any company owned store.

Cruiseomatic

Went to theclip.com and ordered this one early saturday morning. Spring steel metal holster... Got it today and installed it. Some grinding, sanding, driving and bolting and this is one sturdy clip! All steel held on with 4 bolts. I VERY seriously doubt I'll ever have problems with this again. Thanks Squad10!

Status
Not open for further replies.