Pro-164 Help Just Bought It

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Greetings hope you folks can follow me on this interesting issue on my pro-164, So here it goes I'm in San Diego County I listen the RCS North and according to RR data base the main control channel that is used is 863.1500 for the north & we are a splinter system, Now I programmed the scanner that way but the scanner won't decode it that way not picking up any id's at all either in open mode or closed mode and id's I put in either, Now here's where it gets interesting I changed the control channel too 863.1625 & put it in normal mode and not splinter and now everything seems to be working right as far as I can tell, So can anybody tell me what's happening is the radio having some type of problem or not, Just bought it off eBay it's like in new condition for $105 the build date is 03A11, On a side note I have 3 other radios 2 unidens a 996t & 250d, Pro 93 that have the control channel 863.1500 and they work great so to me this is odd, Thank You so much for the help

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Pro-164

Maybe a firmware update is required for rebanding?
Pro-164 - The RadioReference Wiki

Les

Greetings hope you folks can follow me on this interesting issue on my pro-164, So here it goes I'm in San Diego County I listen the RCS North and according to RR data base the main control channel that is used is 863.1500 for the north & we are a splinter system, Now I programmed the scanner that way but the scanner won't decode it that way not picking up any id's at all either in open mode or closed mode and id's I put in either, Now here's where it gets interesting I changed the control channel too 863.1625 & put it in normal mode and not splinter and now everything seems to be working right as far as I can tell, So can anybody tell me what's happening is the radio having some type of problem or not, Just bought it off eBay it's like in new condition for $105 the build date is 03A11, On a side note I have 3 other radios 2 unidens a 996t & 250d, Pro 93 that have the control channel 863.1500 and they work great so to me this is odd, Thank You so much for the help

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Les :) So I decided to send it back to the eBay seller found it had a bug in it and from I read it did not play well with splinter 800 radio system which we have in San Diego County, So I'm exchanging it for a Uniden Bc346xt should get that early next week

Status
Not open for further replies.