Pro-164 HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

karrington

I'm new to this whole scanner thing, think I have it set right but then I wondered if it is wrong when I hear sirens and don't hear the call on the radio. I live in a small coastal town so I can hear the sirens from all around. My frequency is set for my local police dept. 155.25000, here is how my screen reads

G (solid arrow up)
FM 155.25000
pri dly zm
***PAUSED***
Fine Tune Mode

If I do a scan according to the manual it doesn't bring anything up. Can someone direct me in the right direction to getting this thing programmed properly??? I have read and reread the manual and some of it just doesn't make sense.

Thanks so much for your time, I much appreciate it.
karrington

karrington

'm interested in scanning the Local PD, County Sheriff, Local Fire, EMS and 2 two other nearby towns 10 and 17 miles away. I have been able to reach them on the scanner by "manually" putting in the frequency number but then I don't hear anything for a while and think it did not work (apparently it does I just hasn't been patient enough :)).

I have had my frequency set on the Local PD all afternoon/evening and have heard radio calls so it seems I have that right.

I have all the frequencies for my area which I found in the Database here. Ultimately, what I would like to do and what I think the manual is telling me to do is to "BANK" it and "GROUP" it I follow the directions get then banked and grouped(I think) but how to I find them????? Once I find them I want to continuously scan all the channels I have banked so I'm not manually putting them in.

I hope this make sense and I have provided enough info.

Weekend Smiles :)
Karrington

911ert

You might have to choose the type of channel that it is. With those you have to be careful to pick FM or AM etc. And make sure you have the correct PL tone chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.