Pro 164 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephsa

So i recently purchased a PRO-164 Radio Shack scanner. I am new to the scanning world and i am trying to figure out exactly what i have to do. Ilive in Santa Clara, Ca where the local P.D. uses Motorola II smartnet analog. I tried the automatic cable download they sell also but to no avail. I am hoping that someone somewhere can guide me to what exactly i have to do to get on deck with trunking my area P.D. so i can listen. Your assistance is highly appreciated

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-164

The cable is just that, a cable to connect the scanner to the computer. The cable does require software, or a driver, to function. But that's just to make the cable work (thank you USB).

What you also need is programming software. Look here. The software is where you put in the frequencies/etc and upload to the scanner. If you hae a premium membership here on RR, you can "import" what you want directly from the site. It saves the step (a huge step) of having to type everything in that you want to monitor.

I use WIN97 but there are several programs for that scanner. Note that WIN97 supports several diffrent model scanners. So when you upload to the scanner, make sure to select the correct option. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.