Pro-164 inbound from Florida - Programming guidance requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up a Pro-135 off Ebay for $50 NIB. It was just meant to be a small pocket scanner to go. When I contacted the seller he had a NIB Pro-164. I was actually looking at buying that or the GRE-300. So when he said NIB Pro-164 for another $60 - I gobbled that bad boy up!!!

I'm in Pittsburgh, PA where we primarily have old-school conventional systems. I'm primarily concerned with programming basic non-trunked channels. Soooooo.... since I've never used a computer to program a scanner, I thought I would ask the Shack experts! Can II just use a free program or do I need something like ARC. Again the programming is very basic. I'd just like to try the computer thing. Really interested in programming the Pro-164, but I'll take any help on both!

Thank you in advance for any help you will be able to provide!

N8IAA

Actually once you comprehend the basics, the 106 is also no problem to program by hand. IMHO
I believe the question was about the 164? It is a very easy scanner to program by hand. I have the 163 (base/mobile) version. Putting in conventional and trunked frequencies are pretty much intuitive. Check out the easy to program help in the Wiki.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.