Pro-164? More like Amateur...Need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneVenus

I'm very new to the entire scanner thing.

I had a regular scanner for a little while and was able to pick up a few things. Then I learned that all the GOOD stuff was on trunked systems so I went out and bought the Pro-164.

Now I have NO clue as to what I'm doing.

What I want to do is simple. I want to enter in all the frequencies I have into one channel/bank or whatever.. and let my scanner do the work and let me hear what it has to tell me..

What I do not know is how to do that. Marks Scanners guides were somewhat helpful, but I have no idea if my local departments use a Motorola system or what. So its really hard to figure out what to punch in.

I'm really lost and need some help figuring out what I need to do. I did a lot of searching and can't find anything. Youtube guides suck..

Any help is appreciated,

Shane

DickH

... I have no idea if my local departments use a Motorola system or what. So its really hard to figure out what to punch in. ..

And how do you suggest we find out what and where your local system is? There is no way we can even begin to help you unless we know.

shadcall

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears that the system you are trying to monitor is on Michigan's statewide P25 digital system. The Pro 164 you purchased will not pick the system up. To listen to what you are trying to pick up requires the Pro 197 or Pro 106.

ShaneVenus

Figures, doesn't it?

Guess this one is going up for sale and I'll have to pick up the proper one....

Status
Not open for further replies.