pro-164 - New User - EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orbit_Uranus

Setting up a new pro-164 for volusia county fla from these data -> Volusia County Public Safety Trunking System, Volusia County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

i only entered in 'system 1' should i put system 2 and 3 in diffrent banks or does it matter if they are in teh same bank?

I can follow trunked convos so i got that far, when it gives me on scanner the 'ID: 0181' i can not match that up to anything on that list from above, how do i know what TalkGroup 0181 corresponds to.

Thanks for you assistance.

N1BHH

Looks like 0181 is the Decimal version of the AFS 01-065. Setting Cecimal of AFS is all a preference. Always set up different EDACS systems in different banks. Always put all the frequencies in their LCN (Logical Channel Number) order. LCN01 in channel 01 of a bank, and so on. The 164 is capable of control channel only trunking, but I am not sure how it works with EDACS, since I have no EDACS systems in my area to listen to.

SCPD

QRT
Setting up a new pro-164 for volusia county fla from these data -> Volusia County Public Safety Trunking System, Volusia County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

i only entered in 'system 1' should i put system 2 and 3 in diffrent banks or does it matter if they are in teh same bank?

I can follow trunked convos so i got that far, when it gives me on scanner the 'ID: 0181' i can not match that up to anything on that list from above, how do i know what TalkGroup 0181 corresponds to.

Different sites (systems)? need to be in different banks. And always start in slot 1 and not 0 :)
the 181 looks to be .. 181 01-065 A TELETYPE Teletype
In an EDACS system you will need ALL frequencies & in LCN order

Last edited:

Orbit_Uranus

is it safe to assume the order of the freq listed on that link in the OP is in the proper order to enter into the scanner?

If you look at the link you see they are all for the same county but it has '3' systems does each system mirror the same TalkGroupID or are some Groups on diffrent systems then others?

Thank you

SCPD

QRT
It's most likely accurate, you would need ask in the Florida Forum. 2nd question can also be answered there about the tg's . Each site may cover different Ares, Also they may or may not be simulcast. 'is all tg's on All 3 sites

N8IAA

Put the different systems into different banks if you wish to hear the whole system. Don't know how large your county is.
When you are receiving oddball TG's, it means that you have the bank in OPEN Mode. To put it in CLOSED Mode, push FUNC, then the (.) keys. This will allow you to hear only the TG's that were programmed. I have the base/mobile version of this scanner, and it works great on EDACS systems:)
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.