Pro-164 on sale $149.99 plus $10 extra off and free shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalkieTalkie

Premium Subscriber
Each time see one of these posts for the pro-164 I keep asking the same question on every time and I still have yet to recieve an answer. I know that this scanner is reband capable however is the software available for the reband to work. Becasue I bought the same scanner about two months ago and returned it because the software in it was not correct to take the reband. So i am asking again is there a correct software in it now or is there software available to trunk it correctly?

kf7yn

Yes it works with rebanding and Butel software. This has been covered in previous posts but I'll cover it ONE more time. The Pro-164 is the same scanner as the GRE PSR-300 and was verified to work with ARC-300 software by a Utah RR member in Tooele. I helped a friend program her Pro-164, it works.

WalkieTalkie

Premium Subscriber
Thanks that is what I needed to know. I have not seen it previously. So I apologize for the confusion. However I programmed it with the butel software but it did not work so it must be something I did.

dpalmer2508

Cable?

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I am going out to purchase a Pro-164 this evening and I was wondering if the cable I have been using with my PC and WIN95 to program my PRO-95 would also work with the Pro-164? I have been reading manuals for the two online and have been getting really confused.

Utah_Viper

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I am going out to purchase a Pro-164 this evening and I was wondering if the cable I have been using with my PC and WIN95 to program my PRO-95 would also work with the Pro-164? I have been reading manuals for the two online and have been getting really confused.

From looking at the Radio Shack scanners they all seem to use the same cable, it has become somewhat standard.

kf7yn

The Pro-164 needs a stereo plug whereas the older Pro-9xx uses mono. I found that out trying to help a friend program her Pro-164.

dpalmer2508

Currently, I have an adapter that takes stereo to mono for my Pro-95. However, the stereo pin that I am adapting is a smaller pin that won't fit in the Pro-95. The Adapter that I use steps the pin size up a bit. That may be a tricky adapter to find that maintains the stereo all the way through. I may just have to order a new cable with the 164.

daranged

Premium Subscriber
?

i have a 164 and the butel arc 300 software and for the life of me i cant get how to set the program up to make the scanner work the way i need it to i need a step by step ont this plz

N7YUO

Kf7yn says the Pro164/PSR300 will work with butel software and he programmed a scanner with it.
A RR member in Tooele verified that it worked.
Viper insists that it will not work.
A number of people are having difficulty getting it to work.

My suggestion: Whoever has a working model of this program, pleas post it here so others can learn from it.

spooney

Pro164 not on sale today 12/21 from the website. It is $219.99. On 12/18 it was on the website for $99.99 as was the Pro162. Looks like it might have been a mistake. The base unit Pro163 is listed at $149.99 today.

Last edited:

Utah_Viper

Kf7yn says the Pro164/PSR300 will work with butel software and he programmed a scanner with it.
A RR member in Tooele verified that it worked.
Viper insists that it will not work.
A number of people are having difficulty getting it to work.

My suggestion: Whoever has a working model of this program, pleas post it here so others can learn from it.

I would recommend that anyone planning to get a Pro-164 Read this thread:
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126797
Before making the purchase and decide for themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.