pro 164 programming help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stxhammer

Hey all, I had just gotten this scanner and I am trying to program it using ARC300. I have entered the frequencies multiple times and tried to upload it to my scanner with no luck. Am I doing something wrong? I need this for tonight. Any help is appreciated. I also tried to clear the frequencies it comes with out of the box and I am also getting the " All channels Locked out" message.

N8IAA

Hey all, I had just gotten this scanner and I am trying to program it using ARC300. I have entered the frequencies multiple times and tried to upload it to my scanner with no luck. Am I doing something wrong? I need this for tonight. Any help is appreciated. I also tried to clear the frequencies it comes with out of the box and I am also getting the " All channels Locked out" message.

A couple of things to check, do you have the correct comport selected in the software? Have you pressed MAN/HOLD and manually scrolled through the banks to make sure you have anything programmed in? If you do, and you see a capital 'L' next to the bank channel, you will have to unlock the frequencies to scan using the LOUT key.
HTH,
Larry

N1BHH

You have to be sure that you are selecting the Pro-164. There are numerous scanners to choose from. When yo click the Upload to Scanner, be sure to choose the right scanner, and the correct com port, then be sure to hit the Start Download button. If your scanner is receiving data the bar graph on the radio will start to fill up and there will be a bar graph on your computer screen n which also will show progress. Do not pull the plug out of the radio until the upload is completed. You also need to be sure to use the stereo plug, not the mono adapter.

There is also a complete help file built into the program. Save all files so you can edit them in the future, naming them whatever you wish. And as was suggested above, be sure to manually step through the channel's to be sure that nothing is locked out.

Last edited:

Yukonpete

Premium Subscriber
I had problems with mine and found out the cable drivers did not install correctly the first time. Reinstalled the cable driver and it connected fine. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.