Pro 164 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadMarv

Premium Subscriber
Does this come with a power cord to power up the scanner and or also charge up rechargeable batteries? Or does Radio Scrap want you to send extra cash on these necessities?

NO!

Pro-164 scanner
6-inch flexible rubber antenna
Battery cases (2): alkaline (1), rechargeable (1)
Belt clip
User's guide

However, it's twin which is also made by GRE the AC/DC adapter IS included...

PSR-300

Accessories included in scanner package: BNC rubber antenna, Owner’s manual, AC adapter charger, Normal Battery holder, Re-charge Battery holder, Belt clip, and One year GRE factory warranty

NOT TO FORGET, the major firmware issue we had with the RS PRO-164. GRE released it to RS at the same time they released it for their PSR-300 and RS held onto it for 5 months before releasing it to us PRO-164 owners. The reason I purchased the PSR-300 and gave my PRO-164 to my brother.

Even with a RS sale on it now the PSR-300 can be purchased cheaper and DOES include the AC/DC adapter.

winvestor

Rs pro-164

I just bought a new PRO-164 and I wonder if I should update the firmware. ?? I also own a PRO-90 and have not yet been able to master the trunking capabilities of these scanners. I have learned a lot in recent days. Learning to operate and program a scanner is like learning to drive a car by reading the owners manual! The info is insufficient!

Status
Not open for further replies.