Pro-164 Rebanded, Ready for P25 system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty new to all this digital trunking stuff but I was given a Pro-164 and I wanted to pickup the local sheriff dept,which is on P25 system. I realize that the Pro-164 is not digital and is not capable of scanning that type of system, I am almost positive,that i read somewhere, on one of these forums, that it is possible to scan a P25 system if you REBAND the Pro-164. Is this true? If so, could you provide me with a brief outline as to how to program it with a P25 system,starting with the REBANDING?
Thanks in advance for your help!!

fredva

Feed Provider
I am pretty new to all this digital trunking stuff but I was given a Pro-164 and I wanted to pickup the local sheriff dept,which is on P25 system. I realize that the Pro-164 is not digital and is not capable of scanning that type of system, I am almost positive,that i read somewhere, on one of these forums, that it is possible to scan a P25 system if you REBAND the Pro-164. Is this true? If so, could you provide me with a brief outline as to how to program it with a P25 system,starting with the REBANDING?
Thanks in advance for your help!!

Ronnie is correct. Rebanding has to do with the frequencies that the scanner can receive. It has nothing to do with the ability to decode digital signals that might be carried on those frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.