PRO 164 scanner id where to find thelm on radio refrance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheriff205

hi to all i am trying to find where on this website to find tgids or where to find id for trunked radio freq . for Motorola Type I,II,I/II hybrid, EDACS, and LTR if u know how to find tgid or just the id numbers plese post thanks sheriff 205 .

KE5BCP

Analog Man
hi to all i am trying to find where on this website to find tgids or where to find id for trunked radio freq . for Motorola Type I,II,I/II hybrid, EDACS, and LTR if u know how to find tgid or just the id numbers plese post thanks sheriff 205 .

Click "Database" above.

sheriff205

i have done that but i cant get the id i dont know where to find thelm on the dateabase above
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

KE5BCP

Analog Man
i have done that but i cant get the id i dont know where to find thelm on the dateabase above

Database, select state, select county. At the bottom of that page should be the trunked systems (if any) in your area.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin

This would be funny if I didn't think you were serious.

You need to have a particular system in mind, then look at it's RR database entry and enter as appropriate. You don't just enter things at random and hope to hear something.

Please consider reading every article on the RR wiki and all the equipment help threads before posting again.

n5ims

Click the Database tab.
Next click the desired state on the US map (WI for you, I believe)
Next click the desired county on the selected state map (Milwaukee for you, I believe)
Next scroll down the page (almost to the bottom of the page) to the "All Trunked Radio Systems In ..." ("All Trunked Radio Systems in Milwaukee County" for you, I believe)
Next click the link for the desired system ("Milwaukee County Public Safety" for example)
You will be here --> Milwaukee County Public Safety Trunking System, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin - Scanner Frequencies

Enter the system's frequencies from the section labeled "System Frequencies" (generally you'll only need those in red or blue if you select "Control Channel Only" mode for that system in your scanner).
The talkgroup IDs are listed in both Decimal and Hex formats in the first two cols of the talkgroup tables. You'll need one or the other, depending on what mode your scanner is set to. If it's set to Hex, enter the code from the "Hex" column, if it's set for Decimal, enter the code from the "Dec" column. Generally the Pro-164 will use the codes in Decimal format.

Your scanner's manual will explain exactly how you should enter the desired information. Please note that for LTR and EDACS systems, the frequencies may need to be put in specific locations and your scanner manual will indicate how this should be done. For example, if an LTR system has 7 frequencies and are listed like this:

001 1 Confirmed LCN 01 461.78750 04 463.28750 07 463.53750 10 463.83750 13 464.46250 17 464.66250 20 464.73750

you may need to also program which "Home Repeater Channel" each frequency is used for. 461.78750 would be for channel 1, 463.28750 for channel 4, 463.53750 for channel 7, etc.

Please note that scanner programming is made much easier using the various software packages that are available to help with this task. Since most have a free 30 day trial, you can try them all to see which one you like best. They're all generally pretty good and support all features of your scanner so the selection of which is "best" boils down to which one does things the closest to how you like to work. The RR WIKI has a good list here --> PSR-300/400 Software and USB Support - The RadioReference Wiki

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
That's what all these other posts are about...

You need to go to the database and look up a specific trunked system to find the talkgroups listed for each system.

sheriff205

then how do iput in the tg id then ? for the northshore fire dept that is on motorola trunked radio system

n5ims

What you want is on this system Milwaukee County Public Safety Trunking System, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin - Scanner Frequencies

You may want to print out the above link and bring it into the Radio Shack where you got your Pro-164 and ask them to program it for you so it will receive that system. They probably already have it configured correctly into their software and can get it going for you fairly quickly.

You'll need to program the following frequencies into a trunking bank as trunking mode "Motorola" (see your manual starting on page 38 for how to do this):

Next define the following talkgroup IDs using the mode "Motorola" (starting on page 45 of your manual):

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
stateboy;1446350 Please consider reading every article on the RR wiki and all the equipment help threads before posting again.[/QUOTE said:

sheriff205

PRO 164 scanner id where to find thelm on radio refrance ? Reply to Thread

im trying to put in the dec for the north shore police and fire dpt

Last edited:

sheriff205

on the screen it says id bank 0-0 then
motorola dgid #06
mot; 36880 thats the dec
id 36880 so i need help thanks sheriff 205

Status
Not open for further replies.