pro 164 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodney0985

Premium Subscriber
i have had this scanner for many weeks now trying to get it to work and programed with the software that came with it and i even paind money for the software . any way when the scanner is clear and has been reset to factory default and you spend many hours going thro the frequencys and trunk frequencys u want and u try to load it on the scanner it dont take the progran . it tells u to un plug the cable and i did and turn the radio on and it displays all channels locked out . then i try and clear it back to factory defautt again and reload the program still nothing . the cable lights up and talks and the port is working on the pc to the radio . so what good is the software if u cant auto load it ?

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
go to ctrl panel then add hardware then make sure its connect the cable that is then click next it should popup and say usb radioshack program cable click it then hit next then hit finish then hardware wizard should pop up and then you hit next put RS program disc in and choose install the software automatically
then click next it will read it off the disc and install then after its done hardware wizard pops again and needs to install USB serial port click next then finish then in arc when u go to upload to your scanner click
USB/com 3 and hit start upload

hope this helps took me a min to figure out most ppl will help here but some wont even acknowledge but thats how some ppl are this is how i did it under winxp pro sp2

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
i have had this scanner for many weeks now trying to get it to work and programed with the software that came with it and i even paind money for the software . any way when the scanner is clear and has been reset to factory default and you spend many hours going thro the frequencys and trunk frequencys u want and u try to load it on the scanner it dont take the progran . it tells u to un plug the cable and i did and turn the radio on and it displays all channels locked out . then i try and clear it back to factory defautt again and reload the program still nothing . the cable lights up and talks and the port is working on the pc to the radio . so what good is the software if u cant auto load it ?

I and others tried to help you in your other thread you started here,

Even the author of the software you are using tried to help you but you didn't answer his last question!

http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...ack-pro-164-trunk-programing.html#post1711790

Again, I and many others here will tell you that the software works just fine, even though you claim in your post there, that it's just me that "thinks" it works, and the fact it actually works very well is just "hearsay"!

Last edited:

rodney0985

Premium Subscriber
thanks

thank you i will give it a try again sorry i did not answer on other post . there is a lot to programing and many ways . there are many hoops to go throu in order for it all to work and it takes time and u cant rush in to it .

Status
Not open for further replies.