PRO-164 scanning help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpsTN

While my scanner was scanning, my 4yo son started pressing buttons. Before I stopped him, I heard the weather channel (WX freqs). By the time I stopped him, the screen said (and still says):

Weather 7
FIPS: ALL Codes
SAME STANDBY

Pressing any buttons doesn't change the sceen. No sound is heard. I am assuming the standby as sometime to do with it. I have turned it on and off twice and removed the batteries. What do I do? I am going to look in the manual in the meantime.

Thank You.

N8IAA

Charles, 4 is a dangerous age;) Something to look for on the screen, look for a key shape, the keypad may be locked. It just requires a push of 2 seconds to unlock. The light button is also the keylock button. If that is not the case, you may have to re-initialize the scanner. When the welcome screen comes up, press 0, then 1, then ENT. Wait until the scanner goes to M000 and on the second line bank 0 chan 0. Then turn off the scanner. Then you must go through the process of reprogramming the scanner:) Hopefully, you have programming software.
HTH,
Larry

N8IAA

I knew there had to be a simple explanation! Don't use the SAME standby. So I wouldn't have known. Hope it works for him.
Larry

cpsTN

Charles, 4 is a dangerous age;) Something to look for on the screen, look for a key shape, the keypad may be locked. It just requires a push of 2 seconds to unlock. The light button is also the keylock button. If that is not the case, you may have to re-initialize the scanner. When the welcome screen comes up, press 0, then 1, then ENT. Wait until the scanner goes to M000 and on the second line bank 0 chan 0. Then turn off the scanner. Then you must go through the process of reprogramming the scanner:) Hopefully, you have programming software.
HTH,
Larry

I don't but I didn't need to. Thank You

SCPD

QRT
I have a pro95 in very good shape I tried to sell it on rr and got desperate , I even was going to try to see maybe a trade offer, this not a hijack... so now if anyone could tell me any good software I could use like maybe getting milcoms or some other program I tried to understand I saw something on dx changes ? what ever that means, tnx for taking the time to read.. Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.