Pro 164 Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xplorer4x4

N8IAA

Im a bit confused on how to get to the different talkgroups here in Evansville, Indiana. Here are the talkgroups:
Vanderburgh County Public Safety Trunking System, Evansville, Indiana - Scanner Frequencies

Now how would I get Police K-9 or County VFD Tactical 7?

Also, I notice, for example German Township Fire - Repeater is listed. Does it do any good to monitor the repeater or will this be all static?

Thanks in advance!

Your scanner will accept any TG's that have an 'A' after them. Use the AFS to enter them into the scanner. Make sure that you use all of the EDACS LCN frequencies. I know that the scanner is supposed to use the CC's, but better safe than sorry. Make sure that after you put in the TG's you wish to monitor into the scanlist on the bank for that system, press FUNC, then the DELAY/. keys. A '-' sign will appear under the bank number, and this will close the bank and you won't hear any of the digital TG's.
HTH,
Larry

Xplorer4x4

Im still knew to this, so whats AFS? Whats CC? There is no delay key.

I suppose I wasnt very clear, sorry. More specifically what Id like to figure out is how I can monitor a specific TG at one time. For example, Im listening and dispatch sends Knight Township to an MVA. Dispatch says to use Tac 7.I want to stop monitoring all the other TGs and monitor ONLY Tac 7. How would I do this?

N8IAA

Im still knew to this, so whats AFS? Whats CC? There is no delay key.

I suppose I wasnt very clear, sorry. More specifically what Id like to figure out is how I can monitor a specific TG at one time. For example, Im listening and dispatch sends Knight Township to an MVA. Dispatch says to use Tac 7.I want to stop monitoring all the other TGs and monitor ONLY Tac 7. How would I do this?

CC= Control Channel. If you have only the TG's programmed into the scanner, press the FUNC button, then the '.' button. This will put a minus sign, '-' under the bank that has the trunk system in it. If you look real close at the face of the scanner, you will see the word DELAY printed above the the '.' button. AFS is the mode that is the most commonly used method to enter in EDACS TG's. An example would be: 10-201.
HTH,
Larry

DickH

When I hit FUNC and '.' it locks or unlocks the bank.

Perhaps I can clarify this.
FUNC "." toggles between OPEN mode and CLOSED mode.
OPEN lets you hear ALL active Talk Groups.
CLOSED lets you hear ONLY the Talk Groups you put into the sub-banks.

DPike

Premium Subscriber
When the TG is active you can hit the PSE (pause) button and the radio will stay on that TG until you hit PSE again at which time it will go back to normal scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.