Pro-164 trunking issues wrong freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansul1001

#1 Member
Hello

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue as I have been having I have programmed the scanner correctly for Motorola type 2 trunking. the problem is when scanning the freq's it wont stop on the correct freq like 860.2500 it stops on freq 860.2625 even know this freq is not programmed in the radio. What is up with this can someone help me or if you have this problem how did you solve it.

Hi this Patrick Ver Vooren
I have a Pro-164 Scanner and i listen to system 1 in the high desert.
And the samething happens on my Scanner to the Freqs overlap each other it is souppose to do that.
There is nothing wrong with your Scanner all the trunk systems do that.

Patrick Ver Vooren
E-mail Pat31365@verizon.net

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Hello

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue as I have been having I have programmed the scanner correctly for Motorola type 2 trunking. the problem is when scanning the freq's it wont stop on the correct freq like 860.2500 it stops on freq 860.2625 even know this freq is not programmed in the radio. What is up with this can someone help me or if you have this problem how did you solve it.

When the scanner is following a Motorola TRUNK system, the display will show the VOICE channels frequency which nay be different than one of the control channels,

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
As many threads have said before, use one of the software programs like WIN97 to implement the custom table for rebanding

DickH

Okay i have found out that this is a step problem with the scanner it will not tune to the freq because of improper stepping

Not correct. See page 70 in the manual. Step size for 849.000 - 868.9875 is 12.5kHz.
That will be 860.2000, 860.2125, 860.2500. 860.2625, etc. Do the math.
Why won't you believe KC5EIB? He works for Radio Shack and he knows his stuff.

ansul1001

#1 Member
okay i do believe him i tried implementing the reband table the 440 one with the arc300 software and it did not work is there a way to make your own rebanding table

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Having skipped through this thread there's one thing here that might be missing. I'm not up on the latest firmware for the 164, but I don't believe that it was rebanding compatible out of the box. I could be wrong here, but if ARC300 can't apply the table, it may be that the firmware for the radio needs updating.

Of course it would help to know which system you're having problems with...

Mike

DickH

okay i do believe him i tried implementing the reband table the 440 one with the arc300 software and it did not work is there a way to make your own rebanding table

Since Hisperia seems to be in San Bernadino county, I looked at all 12 systems and 860.2125 is NOT one of the freqs., but 860.2500 is used at several sites.
Now lets get the right story. WHICH system are you monitoring?

lynxrufus

I suspect that the radio tunes to the frequency it's directed to by the control channel, whether the voice frequency is programmed into the receiver or not. We could test that (and I plan to) by programming just control frequencies and see if the radio still tracks.

There's a global setting that causes the radio to show the control channel frequency as well as the voice frequency.

DickH

... There's a global setting that causes the radio to show the control channel frequency as well as the voice frequency.

Yes, it does control channel only trunking.
Re. that Global setting I can't find it in the manual. Which page is it on?

ansul1001

#1 Member
The problem is just for clarification the scanner is stopping on 860.2625 when the correct freq is 860.2500 that they are broadcasting on, it does this on 859.4625 when the correct freq is 859.4500 I have loaded the re band table and i am running the latest firmware 1.10 boot version 1.1, also when it is on the wrong channel the conversation just sounds all garbled i know what it is it is called bleed over from the right freq.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Have you tried entering this as a "splinter" system?

Kevin

W6KRU

You still haven't told us which system you are trying to monitor so I'm just going to guess based on your location that you might be listening to a system that requires a splinter band plan. I think San Bernardino System 9 is one of the systems that needs a splinter band plan but I'm not sure.

W6KRU

System 1 has a mix of standard and splinter frequencies. I think that means that you should use a splinter band plan. Hopefully someone will come along with more knowledge than I have. You could always try splinter and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.