Pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

abvilongview

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a Radioshack Pro-165 scanner.

Can someone tell me how to get Logview police department. Longview is in Gregg county in Texas.
Longview is on Motorola Type II Smartnet, I have entered the freqencies, but they jump every few seconds.
And police, EMS and fire seems to all come on those freqencies.

I have read the manual, but still have a hard time figuring it out. Can someone gime me some inctruction...

n2mdk

I really don't know what you mean by unique ID looking at the 164 manual it has to do with radios on an LTR system. The TGIDs (talkgroup IDs) are basically your channels on a trunked system, since frequencies are shared by all users on the system.

Last edited:

n2mdk

They are listed here along with the frequencies. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=47
You really only need to enter the Control Channels, the frequencies in Red but it wont hurt to enter them all if you want.
The TGID you can enter the ones you want or leave the bank open and the radio will pick them up as they become active.

Last edited:

rchalupajr

Tgid

the talkgroup id's will show up in Dec mode. you do not have to program them in.
they will be displayed when a group becomes active, as jerri stated. they can be saved by pressing trunk while active. You will however have to program in the alpha tag's if you want group name to display when it is active. Also, check out the wiki. under radio models go to radio shack, Pro 97. there is an easier to read version of the manual. The pro 164 program's the same way.

The ID's below apply to your area. As a group becomes active, the dec (far left) should be displayed. Welcome to RR.

80 005 A PDADMIN Police Administration Law Talk
336 015 A PDTAC2 Police Spec Ops Law Tac
304 013 A PDTAC1 Police Spec Ops Law Tac
272 011 A PDTALK Police Car-to-Car Law Talk
240 00f A PDISP2 Police Patrol Inquiry, Info Law Tac
208 00d A PDISP1 Police Patrol Primary Dispatch Law Dispatch
176 00b A GREGG SO LNK Link to Gregg County Sheriff 155.415 Law Tac
144 009 A PDSUP1 Police Supervisor-1 Law Tac
112 007 A PDCID Police CID Law Tac
368 017 A PDNARC Police Narcotics Ops (CODE) Law Tac

Last edited:

abvilongview

Premium Subscriber
Guys it worked!!!!! Thanks
Now just one more thing, how can I block the rest.
Just want to listen to PD for right now, do I close the bank or is it something else.

SCPD

QRT
Yes close the bank. Not sure how on the unidens tho:)
Lotsa happy listienng
PAul

Last edited:

DonS

Yes close the bank. Not sure how on the unidens tho
If the subject line of the thread is accurate, he's using a GRE-made scanner.

On the PRO-164, press FUNC + ./DELAY while looking at the target bank in MAN mode. For example, to toggle the open/closed mode for bank 3, press MAN 3 0 0 MAN FUNC ./DELAY.

n2mdk

There are lots of them out there, really depends upon what exactly your listening too, basically what frequencies.

n2mdk

My favorite 800 MHz antenna for a handheld is the Antennex http://www.scannermaster.com/800_MHz_2_5db_Gain_Antenex_Prof_Port_Antenna_p/14-540714.htm
The RS 800 antenna is very good as well and is cheaper. http://www.radioshack.com/sm-buy-th...nna-on-http-wwwradioshackcom--pi-2102525.html

Not sure what your asking do you only want to listen to one talkgroup rather than scan them all yes you can.
1 when that TGID becomes active simply hit the PSE button.
2 Press PGM Trunk then use the arrow keys to find the TGID you want and hit Func Trunk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.