Pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdoghd

Newbie to the scanner thing. I purchased this scanner a few years ago and haven't programmed it yet.
I think I actually bought some type of software for it. I'd like to get the following

New Lenox, IL. PD
New Lenox, IL. FD
Will County Sheriff Police
Illinois State Police
Brookfield, IL. PD
Brookfield,IL FD

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully the software you acquired is WIN97. If that is true, you should probably get the latest version (www.starrsoft.com) as there have been some significant changes this year. If you happened to get ScanCat(Lite), throw it out. You'd be better of programming manually. Seriously, that software has lots of problems.

To find the frequencies you want, click here and then click on the county you want to monitor. You'll see the frequencies listed there.

Some software allows you to "import" from the database. However, you also have to be a paid subscriber to be able to import. Otherwise it is a matter of using "cut and paste" to get whatever you want into your software before sending it off to the scanner.

Welcome to RadioReference.com !!!

jamesa53

Newbie to the scanner thing. I purchased this scanner a few years ago and haven't programmed it yet.
I think I actually bought some type of software for it. I'd like to get the following

Illinois State Police

With the scanner you have you will not be able to listen to ISP because they are Starcom 21 which uses 700 mhz freqs and the only RS scanner that can do that is the PRO-106.

N1BHH

Actually many newer models of scanners have the 700 frequencies, it's just that if a user is on a P-25 system, the radio will be nearly useless for monitoring the system. Yeah, it may decode the trunking data, but you won't hear anything, unless they transmit in analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.