Pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

k27

Hey my scanner(pro-164) arrives Friday, I use to have the Pro-97 and radioshack programmed it for me.

How would I program Portland's East, North, Central Tac channels

I think radio shack will program it for me with the main channels(east,central,north,and county dispatch) but I dont think they know how to get the Tac channels.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Your best bet is to get yourself a programming cable and the software to program it yourself. The cable can be had from Radio Shack (20-047) or online. They are about $35 each. I use WIN97 (www.starrsoft.com) which can program both a PRO-97 and PRO-164 (which is a PSR-300).

Now you can not directly "clone" what is in your PRO-97 to your PRO-164, but you can use WIN97 to do the same thing. You can read what is in your PRO-97 with WIN97, then program that data into your '164.

I was already using a PRO-97 and WIN97 when I bought my PSR-300. It was zero effort to program the '300 because it is an upgrade of the '97. The other advantage you'll have from this is that you can use p97 files from others, or more easily get help with your programming. It's much easier than you might think. WIN97 comes with a 30 day free trial.

k27

I no longer have the pro-97 so theres no way I can transfer data... I looked at starsoft.com it looks kind of confusing(haha) Hopefully I learn it. @ the guy that mentioned Butel, I dont have any type of program- are u still able to send me any freq's?

Roach53

Roach53

Do you want the freqs or the program file?
If you want the program file do you want just portland?
I have 2 radios.1 for just portland and 1 for portland metro area.

roach53

Roach53

Roach53

Sorry you bought radio shack.
Uniden BC346XT is A great radio.
I ordered it from cb world in albany at 7;39 am on tue and had it by noon wed.
It comes with the charger and the computer cord.Travels in the car with little radio crackle noise.

ROACH53.

k27

@Roach53, I'll like Program file for the portland area, is it in a certain file that I will have to buy something for?

email: ripley600ave@yahoo.com
Thanks.

k27

I heard it was a great radio thats y i got it. And I anticipate to get good signal due to me always being local

Roach53

Roach53

Will send file for butel uniden program.Don't know if file will go in butels radio shack program.
I can also send it in easy copy and past file and walk you through it.
Butels program [$29.95]. Im free.

Im at roach53@aol.com

ROACH53
NORTH PORTLAND

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
There is no reason they shouldnt be able to get the tac channels in there, I have them in my PRO-164. As long as they arent encrypted, they should be fine. And you should really learn how to do it yourself. I programmed mine by hand, but there are great programs out there to do it easier, and radioshack sells the cable for about 30 ched I think.

k27

Yea thanks for all the help, radioshack programmed ir for me, I have all channels, Once i learn to organized them I will be okay. Just not familiar yet on how to search my talkgroups. But will fiqure it out.

Alot of helpful people on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.