PRO-18 Battery Charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF5EYR

Premium Subscriber
Those of you that have PRO-18's. How do you charge your batteries? I seems to take an exorbitant amount of time to charge them in the radio. I have tried both ways; I just wondered what everyone else prefers.

k1xd

I have 2 sets of NiMh batteries, Duracell AA 2400 mAH. I use one set and charge the other with an external charger. A charge with the charger takes about 4 hours or so. That's plenty fast for me as a charged set of batteries in the PRO18 easily goes all day.

I purchased the batteries and charger at Wal-Mart.

DJ11DLN

Energizer-with charger, at Walmart--#1

+1. There are no doubt better chargers out there but this one works fine and the Energizers (1400 mah) last almost as long as the RatShack "Enercells" (2500 mah) at around 8 hours with volume set to 20 and no back light. I keep the switch set to ALK so it won't charge at all when plugged in...not taking a chance with burst batteries. When these die, I'll see about getting some Eneloops and maybe a Maha charger.

K1TSL

I charge mine with an Amazon Basics charger. I run one set while charging another. That system works fine for me. It's not the fastest charger ever but it's always done by morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.