Pro-18 canada database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdchris

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone!

Just got my pro-18 working (cpu firmware corrupt). Question though. Is there any frequency's for canada? I cant find anything in the library, and I have done the update. In the manual is says :

'The RadioShack PRO-18 "iSCAN" Digital Handheld Trunking Scanner application allows you to import data from either a comma separated variable (CSV) file, or the Windows Clipboard. '

Cant find this anywhere.

Any ideas?

jyams

The RR database does have Canadian frequencies. I just checked. I also looked at the iScan software and did not see a way to import Canadian libraries. Am wondering when you install the software if you have to chose a location? I do not remember. The help files say that it uses Canadian library files, so looks like you should be able to.

Another question, how did you correct your corrupt firmware! I have a family member with with a Pro-18 and says when he turns it on it goes straight to the firmware update screen and hangs there. How did you fix yours?

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to simply open the Iscan software and select Updates and Check for CPU firmware update. That's how I fixed mine when I intentionally corrupted it.

Rob
K2RJJ

bdchris

Premium Subscriber
Rob is right. That is how I fixed mine as well, just reflashed the cpu firmware. It reverts back to v1 i guess if things go south.

I was able to figure out how to bring in the Canadian freqs myself, but thanks for the help anyway! You have to enable the advanced tab and you will see two buttons at the bottom left, 'copy from text file' and 'copy from clipboard'.

Why they had to bury it I don't know..

zerickk

Premium Subscriber
Canada Database

Hey, I just picked up a PRO-18 and am having difficulties setting up a Canada Database. I downloaded the CSV file for Albera, but cannot figure out how to load it to the radio through the Iscan software. I found the load from text under the regular frequencies tab, but was unable to get anthing from that.
I see the PSR-800 says it comes preloaded with Canada and the USA. Does anyone know of a way to load Canada to the PRO-18 in the same way it comes preloaded with the USA?

Any help would be great. I am new to programming, only any epxerience in single frequencies.

Thanks

Ramathorne

Rob is right. That is how I fixed mine as well, just reflashed the cpu firmware. It reverts back to v1 i guess if things go south.

I was able to figure out how to bring in the Canadian freqs myself, but thanks for the help anyway! You have to enable the advanced tab and you will see two buttons at the bottom left, 'copy from text file' and 'copy from clipboard'.

I do not see two buttons at the bottom left, 'copy from text file' and 'copy from clipboard' after selecting "enabling advanced tab"?
Can you be more specific?
I have everything updated but I cannot find anything Canadian to load?

Ramathorne

How did you use the copy from text or copy from clipboard in order to get the Canadian frequencies to load to the scanner? You lost me there. I don't see how that enables me to do that?

DJ11DLN

This was covered awhile back to address a different problem, that being systems with some p.2 talkgroups but mostly still p.1, which the Pro-18 version of iScan refused to import. There is a way to use the PSR-800 version of EZScan...you have to make some changes in settings. Then you can import the systems described above and you should also be able to access the Canada database as well. Do a search and you ought to find the thread(s) associated with this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.