Pro-18 can't write firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

minasha

I formatted the new sd card for the pro-18 now I turn it on and it just locks in the pro-18 screen can't turn it off unless I pull the battery
The I-scan software says If I want to check the cpu I have to hold menu button while I connect usb to scanner, that should bring up firmware update mode but it doesn't
I tried ten times it just goes to charging. Anyone have any clues?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I formatted the new sd card for the pro-18 now I turn it on and it just locks in the pro-18 screen can't turn it off unless I pull the battery
The I-scan software says If I want to check the cpu I have to hold menu button while I connect usb to scanner, that should bring up firmware update mode but it doesn't
I tried ten times it just goes to charging. Anyone have any clues?

Are you using the proper cable and did you install the driver software for the cable?

fredva

Feed Provider
I'm assuming you wrote your configuration from the software to the card after the formatting. And that no errors were displayed during the write.

minasha

I'm assuming you wrote your configuration from the software to the card after the formatting. And that no errors were displayed during the write.
I am not sure what "my configuration means" I went into pro-18 software formatted the card successfully then checked current configuration and library box it all programmed successfully but scanner still locks on startup screen

minasha

I can't set the time on the pro-18 software it's not seeing my scanner. Where can I get a driver for pro-18 for windows 10?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
What version of Windows are you using? Windows 7 required you to run the software in 'administrator' mode. If it will work with Windows 10, I'm certain you'd have to do the same.

minasha

What version of Windows are you using? Windows 7 required you to run the software in 'administrator' mode. If it will work with Windows 10, I'm certain you'd have to do the same.
I am using windows 10 I will try anmin. mode.

minasha

Admin mode did not work. I was able to re-write the CPU firmware in i-scan without any problem
Still the scanner freezes on startup screen. I think it may be a problem internally in the scanner and not
a programming issue since I loaded CPU and DSP but that didn't fix it

minasha

I will check this out. By any chance do you have the inf file for the pro-18?
Eric I did the shift/restart F7 and I was able to load drivers with no problem, I now can set the time in iscan, I reloaded the cpu and still the scanner freezes on startup screen (says Radio Shack Pro-18) I formatted a new sd card and the same problem it must be a board failure
what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.