Pro-18 conventional freq issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ11DLN

Seems I spoke a bit too soon in singing my scanner's praises...or maybe it's the programming software. Was trying to enter some conventional frequencies today and encountered the pop-up pasted below:

Happened twice. The frequencies in question were 156.1950, and 155.5550. Not quite understanding why it would reject this? Anyone seen this in the past? It seems to be right in the middle of VHF-Hi coverage...sorry if this has been asked & answered, I'm not having any luck finding issues on these frequencies with the Pro-18 or anything else

Attachments

• Capture061714.JPG
    Capture061714.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Seems I spoke a bit too soon in singing my scanner's praises...or maybe it's the programming software. Was trying to enter some conventional frequencies today and encountered the pop-up pasted below:

The frequency in question is 156.1950. Not quite understanding why it would reject this? Anyone seen this in the past? It seems to be right in the middle of VHF-Hi coverage...sorry if this has been asked & answered, I'm not having any luck finding issues on this frequency with the Pro-18 or anything else

Turn on the "Flex Step" function...assuming R/S calls it the same thing as GRE did.

DJ11DLN

Turn on the "Flex Step" function...assuming R/S calls it the same thing as GRE did.

That fixed it, thank you! Yes, they call it FlexStep but have "Flexible Frequency Entry" above it...and it's on the General Settings tab. IMHO, maybe it ought to be an "Advanced" setting, where old farts like me can actually find it...I still love my Pro-18 but I am starting to really dislike the iScan app.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
That fixed it, thank you! Yes, they call it FlexStep but have "Flexible Frequency Entry" above it...and it's on the General Settings tab. IMHO, maybe it ought to be an "Advanced" setting, where old farts like me can actually find it...I still love my Pro-18 but I am starting to really dislike the iScan app.

You're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.