PRO-18 iSCAN Library Update #370

Status
Not open for further replies.

K5TXC

Premium Subscriber
Made the mistake of uploading library update #370 today. Now I can't program the information from the Fort Worth Regional Radio System because it has an X in the box I need to click on to use the data. Only Fort Worth PD is encrypted, the rest of the talk groups are open. Most, if not all of the talk groups are P25 Phase I. Are there any settings I can change in the software to correct this problem? Failing that, how about correcting the library data so it can be accessed again?

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
I have had the same problem with my local system. The reason you have the X is because the system is listed in the DB as a Phase II system and the Pro 18 cannot receive PII systems, therefore the software will not allow you to access the system. In my case there are only a handful of PII users , most are PI, but since it's listed as PII in the DB the software won't let you access it. I have not found a way to change anything in the software to fix that problem and since the system is actually PII capable, it will show PII in the DB and they (RR database moderators) probably will nor change it back. I'm going to try and see what I can figure out & if I come up with a solution I will let you know. So gar I've had to copy & paste my system sites & TGIDs to program my system which is a pain in the ***.
David
KE4MCJ

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Made the mistake of uploading library update #370 today. Now I can't program the information from the Fort Worth Regional Radio System because it has an X in the box I need to click on to use the data. Only Fort Worth PD is encrypted, the rest of the talk groups are open. Most, if not all of the talk groups are P25 Phase I. Are there any settings I can change in the software to correct this problem? Failing that, how about correcting the library data so it can be accessed again?

If it's like the PSR-800 software you might have an "Import Options" button that will let you import "Unsupported and Encrypted TG's".

K5TXC

Premium Subscriber
Thanks David, I'm not sure of the reasoning behind marking a complete system as Phase II when only a few talk groups are PII. The software allows you to block unsupported talk groups if you wish, so there is no reason to list the system as PI or PII. Kevin, I tried changing the Import Option settings but still have no luck importing due to the Database indicating that the system is Phase II. I will keep trying to find a workaround and report here if I discover a solution.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Thanks David, I'm not sure of the reasoning behind marking a complete system as Phase II when only a few talk groups are PII. The software allows you to block unsupported talk groups if you wish, so there is no reason to list the system as PI or PII. Kevin, I tried changing the Import Option settings but still have no luck importing due to the Database indicating that the system is Phase II. I will keep trying to find a workaround and report here if I discover a solution.

So what you are saying is it won't let you import ANYTHING for this system?

ETA...

I acquired the Pro-18 software and see what you are talking about. You can't even import the system at all...that sucks...but I guess you knew that.

Last edited:

K5TXC

Premium Subscriber
The bad part is Kevin, since the radio is no longer manufactured there will never be a software update to correct the problem. The only hope for correcting the problem would have to come from Radio Reference.

Kevin, just noticed you are in Houston, I won't be able to import anything from that area either due to the problem with the software. Thank goodness I have a PRO 106 also and can listen to the Phase I TG's there.

Last edited:

DJ11DLN

At least you were able to get #370. The server seems to be down now; others besides me have been getting the dreaded "socket error # 11001 Host Not Found" message of late. And I had to do a format/reload recently so I'm stuck with #81, which is about as useful as another hole in my head.

But, presuming the library updates come back online, I think you can side-step your problem by using EZ Scan to program your SD card, if you use iScan to format/prepare it first. I have heard of others having success doing this and that was what I was going to try when this little stumbling block appeared. Since the PSR-800 is P.2 capable, presumably the systems you're interested in wouldn't be X'd out and you could at least prog and (hopefully) hear the P.1 portions of them. Good luck...to us all.

K5TXC

Premium Subscriber
Thanks DJ11DLN I will try EZ Scan, sure would be easier than manually entering the information or cut and paste.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
If you do use ez scan please make sure you manually delete the scanlists 101-200 or it will not work period. I'm working on trying to use ez scan to program my 18 & have so far ruined 2 SD cards.

K5TXC

Premium Subscriber
Thanks David, I am in the process of programming my SD card now, first I will delete scanlists 101-200. Forgot the PRO 18 only has 100 scanlists.

DJ11DLN

Thanks David, I am in the process of programming my SD card now, first I will delete scanlists 101-200. Forgot the PRO 18 only has 100 scanlists.

There is a thread somewhere detailing how it has to be done, but I'm drawing a blank on finding it right now. That step and also be sure to first prep the card via iScan, and also do not try to program direct to the scanner, only the SD card using EZScan, were the main parts of it. I did mine today and it worked fine, playlists are now "scanlists," no issues with the card.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I can't find that thread either. I found out the hard way about the scanlists. Going to work more on it next week. And I also learned the hard way about programming straight to scanner...I now always use a card reader.

K5TXC

Premium Subscriber
PSR 800 & PRO-18 library update is now available, just downloaded update number 372 for EZ Scan and iScan. Will try to program to Micro SD card with EZ Scan and use with the PRO-18.

DJ11DLN

I was able to update EZScan on about the 4th try...this seems to be normal, I've seldom had either program update on the first go-around. But when I try to update iScan, I get, "Update failed. The program was unable to download the update of the library file. The error message received was: HTTP/1.1.302 Found." Seems to be some kind of redirect error, hopefully it will be resolved soon. Tried running it as Admin and same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.