Pro-18, Please help guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdchris

Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone,

Looks like a made a big mistake. After reading some posts saying that you can use ezscan to upload the Canadian frequencys to a pro-18 I attempted to do so. Now i cannot receive any p25 traffic. No idea at all whats going on here.

I have tried everything I can think off. Cpu/dsp firmware reflashes, sd card format/reload, even using the iscan software does the same thing.

Everything else works but p25 traffic, and it was working great before i used the ezscan software.

Guys, any ideas?

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
Had a similar issue myself and was able to correct it by making sure Digital AGC was on. You will find this in the Trunked Radio Systems tab. Click on the system you want to monitor, then below that click on the Site and look to your right for Site Options. Make sure Auto Fill and Digital AGC are on. Hope that helps you out.

Rob
K2RJJ

ColleyvilleScott

Premium Subscriber
Had a similar issue myself and was able to correct it by making sure Digital AGC was on. You will find this in the Trunked Radio Systems tab. Click on the system you want to monitor, then below that click on the Site and look to your right for Site Options. Make sure Auto Fill and Digital AGC are on. Hope that helps you out.

Rob
K2RJJ

That was my problem too. Go to the 2nd page of this forum. You will see a thread I started and read towards the end. Took many hours for me to get it working.

Scott

bdchris

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys,

I dont know what im doing wrong but it made no difference. I turned on Auto fill and AGC, but sames results. The 'T" on the top of the screen is not ever there when using a p25 system. Its like its not receiving the control channel. It was working yesterday until i used ezscan.

Any other ideas?

Nasby

May need to update your firmware.

I think there's a bug in version 1.2 or something.

At any rate, I would try that. I think version 1.1 is the one you want even though 1.2 was "newer" it had issues.

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
Not familiar with your system, but you can lockout all the surrounding Sites and only monitor the one closest to you. If it's a simulcast system that may help.

Rob
K2RJJ

bdchris

Premium Subscriber
How would I go about downgrading the firmware? There doesn't appear to be any way in the software to do that?

bdchris

Premium Subscriber
The system I am trying to monitor is MTS Fleetnet in Winnipeg, MB. The P25 site has RCMP and rural fire/ems.

What i dont understand is why it was working and now it is not. Even when I returned to using the iscan software.

To say this is frustrating is understatement. The software is pretty horrible and unstable. But I do appreciate all the help I am getting. :)

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
How would I go about downgrading the firmware? There doesn't appear to be any way in the software to do that?

When I first got my scanner I did the firmware and dsp upgrades and that did bring them to the appropriate versions, after I messed with easyscan software it altered some value somewhere and as a result I had to reflash the firmware and dsp with the I-scan software. I would suggest trying that first and see how you make out.

Rob
K2RJJ

Nasby

As long as you don't have the 1.2 version, I think you are ok.

Just wanted to throw that out there because a lot of the PRO-18's have the 1.2 version from the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.