PRO-18 software on windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakemcgraw

After selling my first one a couple years back, I just recently purchased another new Pro-18.....Im missing something getting the included software to work on my pc which is running windows 8. The software is downloaded fine on my pc, which i had to run as administrator and it loaded fine. But when i try to do anything such as check for library updates, It says :( Update Failed, there was an error getting the library version from the internet) ...Pretty much the same when trying to check for software updates. I had windows 7 back when i owned my other pro-18 and all worked great. I figure im missing something here on windows 8....any help appreciated. Thank's.

dxradio2003

Windows 8 driver

Hi,

I had to use a free program called 7zip to find the actual .inf driver. I saved this file to my desktop then manually installed it using the instructions "Morseman" previously posted.

This did the trick for me and works without a hitch.

---dxradio

SCPD

QRT
Pro-18

Do you have a firewall llike zonealarm or ,antivirus that blocks,perhaps that is preventing the programming from accessing the internet?You may have to go into settings and allow the program .

Status
Not open for further replies.