Pro-18 Stopped Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzdiesel

I made a stupid mistake on this radio & I hope I haven't ruined it. :mad: I tried using the new Whistler programming program for the WS-1080. I noticed things weren't copying well. Now it no longer trunks on P25 & LTR that I know of. The "T" indicator stopped blinking while scanning too. Does anyone have any ideas of what I might do to get it going again?

zzdiesel

I remedied this myself. I happened to think I had another SD card backed up with the iScan program. I was going to delete this thread, but I'm going to leave it up in case someone like me thinks of trying to use the Whistler program in these Radio Shack Pro-18's. Don't do it.

Haley

Thanks for posting that, I have been wanting to try that myself. I am sure a few others may have been curious also. Mike

DJ11DLN

It's possible to use the Grecom version of EZScan to program these...there's a process for it and you have to be careful. It mainly opens up some mixed p.1 and p.2 systems that the database has locked out for iScan because they're classed as p.2 so you can't even load the p.1 TGs with iScan. I did it successfully, but in the end it wasn't getting me anything I couldn't get with iScan, as everything I monitor is analog or p.1 and likely to stay that way for awhile. So I reverted to iScan. I haven't tried to use the Whistler version...I'd think that if the same procedure was used it would work, it's basically the same app, just re-branded (like the scanners:p).

One thing I've learned with my Pro-18 so far, they appear to be fairly hard to brick, as I've made a number of mistakes as part of the learning process which should have been "fatal," but I've gotten it to come back every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.