PRO-197 Alpha tags on towers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arion

Hi all;

I'm wondering if there is a way to assign alpha tags to the various tower control channels on the trunking systems? As it is now when the scanner stops on a talkgroup the display shows the input/output frequency on the display along with the talkgroup id/alpha tag and what I would like to do is to assign a tower name to the specific frequency so I know what tower the talk group is received on. I use mine in a static location so it's set up to scan all the towers I can get and it would be more helpful to know what tower it's received on. I'm using the PSR edit software. Best scanner I've had and it replaced my PRO-96 and that scanner is set up with the tower tags but I have not figured out how to do it with this one. Thanks for any ideas on the subject.

Last edited:

detroit780

Database Admin
Control Channel Naming

No you can't. There is no way to name the the control channels like there was in the Pro-96. Many of us miss that however you can turn on the control channel display. When the scanner stops on a TG the display will alternate between the voice frequency and the control channel. You will either have to memorize the control frequencies or remember what slot you have them in. When the display is alternating between CC and VC it also displays the channel number control channel is in.

CC21 868.2375

Not as nice as the Pro-96 method but the scanner is so far advanced from the 96 I forgave it already.

Les

QUOTE=arion;1270686]Hi all;

I'm wondering if there is a way to assign alpha tags to the various tower control channels on the trunking systems? As it is now when the scanner stops on a talkgroup the display shows the input/output frequency on the display along with the talkgroup id/alpha tag and what I would like to do is to assign a tower name to the specific frequency so I know what tower the talk group is received on. I use mine in a static location so it's set up to scan all the towers I can get and it would be more helpful to know what tower it's received on. I'm using the PSR edit software. Best scanner I've had and it replaced my PRO-96 and that scanner is set up with the tower tags but I have not figured out how to do it with this one. Thanks for any ideas on the subject.[/QUOTE]

mikey60

Hi all;

I'm wondering if there is a way to assign alpha tags to the various tower control channels on the trunking systems? As it is now when the scanner stops on a talkgroup the display shows the input/output frequency on the display along with the talkgroup id/alpha tag and what I would like to do is to assign a tower name to the specific frequency so I know what tower the talk group is received on. I use mine in a static location so it's set up to scan all the towers I can get and it would be more helpful to know what tower it's received on. I'm using the PSR edit software. Best scanner I've had and it replaced my PRO-96 and that scanner is set up with the tower tags but I have not figured out how to do it with this one. Thanks for any ideas on the subject.
If there are not a lot of talkgroups in your area, you could create a separate TSYS for each tower site, and then copy the talkgroup objects between them. That will give you the basics of what you're looking for. There is a drawback to that method though in that it requires duplication of talkgroup information between the TSYS objects.

What I've done in my configuration is to place the primary control channels for each site in the slot in the TSYS that matches the tower number. (i.e. for tower site 206, I put the primary control channel frequency in position 06). Not quite as nice as being able to alpha tag the tower site, but if you know the site numbers, it doesn't take long to figure out which one you're listening to.

Mike

arion

O.K.

Thanks guys. This is my first gripe with this scanner but the good points far outweigh the bad points. It's too bad that they didn't make allowance for this feature. I really liked being able to see that on the 96.

Status
Not open for further replies.