PRO-197 and Palm Beach Co. Trunked System????

Status
Not open for further replies.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
My wife purchased the PRO-197 for me for christmas 2010 and I am now getting around to programming it. (I know and I did my time in the dog house). Anyways on the trunked systems that came preloaded with the scanner I am picking up the West Palm Beach system no problem, but I am not picking anything up on the Palm Beach County system. I'm in the process of double checking the frequencies and talkgroups preloaded for Palm Beach County. However when I got my Radio Shack PRO-164, before I rebanded it I was picking up the county system it just wasn't following the transmissions and after I rebanded it it was following them perfectly. My question is I'm thinking the PRO-197 needs to be converted to monitor rebanded systems and if so what are the correct values for the tables the instructions mention via wiki.radioreference? I will be downloading the software to program the PRO-197 within the next 2 weeks which I'm sure will make it easier (as it did for the PRO-164) but I want to see if there is a way to correctly change the values manually so I can start picking up the Palm Beach County system now.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
I would think that the table would be the same for the 197 as it was for the 164.

I did the 164 thru software via the computer. It had me click a button to reband it so I didn't have to mess with table values. I think I found the answer via the instructions on wiki.radioreference (I needed to read a little farther down). I'm gonna give it a whirl or look at the table on the 164 and see if it matches the instructions and if so do it on the 197. If all fails I will just reset the 197 and wait till I get the software to do it thru the computer which should be easier. I just don't want to solely rely on the computer software.
These are the links for the instructions I will be following:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Programming_Shortcut_PSR-500/600_RS_Pro-106/197
http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...6-2096-rebanded-motorola-trunked-systems.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.