PRO-197 and PRO-106 on Sale thru 12/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

JofoScannin

Also, the site says web-only but check your local store. I picked up a Pro-106 in-store yesterday at the sale price.

iceman977th

Feed Provider
I'm hoping they keep the sale price 'till all other holidays, lol. Our county is going P25, and I can guarantee if they restarted the sale once the system kicks in, they will sell fast. I'll need another one for my feed, and I may just get one to keep in the car.

TonyS

I suggest calling around to different RS stores. I just literally called 6 stores and only 2 stores said the Pro106 is still on sale for $299.99.

mikemey

Premium Subscriber
According to Radio Shack's site, the sale is good until 2/11/2012.

I wish I had $300.00 disposable cash.

My question is how does this scanner compare to the top of the line Uniden?

My old BC895XLT is still going strong, and I hate to relegate it to 2nd due, but with digital and all the new trunking I need to update, but am wary on spending that much $$$ until I know I'm getting a good deal.

Thanks in advance. :)

IredellMon

Well I missed the sale but got a "refurbished" Pro-197 for $299..
RadioShack PRO-197 Digital Desktop Scanner (Refurbished) : Scanners | RadioShack.com
And I can tell no difference between it and a new one. In fact I suspect that RS offers new ones as refurbished to capture that segment of the market that won't pay full price while also keeping those who do pay full retail happy (because they got a "new" one). I cant prove that.. just a suspicion.
I sure have no problem buying refurbished.. same warranty,. etc, just not the fancy box. Saved $100.

Been having fun using the record function of WIN500 with the Pro-197.. leaving the scanner and computer running all night recording fire calls. Then in 5-10 mins in the AM I can catch up on all the callouts overnight.

TonyS

According to Radio Shack's site, the sale is good until 2/11/2012.

The only digital scanner I see on sale on their website is the Pro197. Maybe the sale on the 106 is a regional thing? But still, I'd still call around and ask. It can't hurt. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.