pro-197 and skywarn

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I am using the arc 500 software. When I go to the scan list it shows me all the banks that are in my scanner. At the very bottom it shows a skywarn list as bank 22 that you can click onto. When I click onto this it opens a new window but the window is grayed out. If I upload the frequencies from RR data base it will go into the normal scan list to where you can pick what bank to send the frequencies to, but there is no bank 22 for me to send the frequencies to. I do not see any skywarn frequencies preprogrammed into my scanner. How do I add these frequencies? I have a pro197 scanner or how do I hand put these frequencies into my scanner?

kcoleman

arizonatom1234,

While I'm not familiar with ARC500 software... while entering a frequency (manually), you scroll through the menu items... just before the EXPERT menu, there should be an option to for sky warn "on" or "off", by turning this on for a particular frequency should place it in the sky warn scan list.

Hope I told you correctly... I don't have my radio in front of me right now to verify.

Good Luck & Good Listening,
Keith

Arkster

Skywarn

I also have a Pro 197, and would like to know how you program Skywarn in just your Skywarn channel. Every time I am in my regular scanning mode, it picks up my Skywarn. I have tried deleting the channel or locking it out, but then it also locks it out or deletes it on my Skywarn channel. My playlist 22 (which is the designated Skywarn channel) is not shown to be scanning, but it still stops on Skywarn every time there is activity. Is there just a way to have it in my Skywarn channel only. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.