Pro-197 Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPDExplorer

I currently have the stock telescoping antenna that came with the scanner. It is a good antenna, but I am looking for something with a little more range, still covers 800 Mhz and P25 transmissions, and something that can be put in a car. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

vinzep491

The Radioshack 800 mhz rubber ducky is good for 800 transmissions. I have my 197 mounted in my dash and used to have it connected to that RS800 antenna, and it worked god even in the car. I have since upgraded to a 800mhz 1/4 wave mobile antenna, you might want to consiter this option as well if your primary agencies are on 800.

CPDExplorer

The Radioshack 800 mhz rubber ducky is good for 800 transmissions. I have my 197 mounted in my dash and used to have it connected to that RS800 antenna, and it worked god even in the car. I have since upgraded to a 800mhz 1/4 wave mobile antenna, you might want to consiter this option as well if your primary agencies are on 800.

Thanks, I will check into it. Most of the frequencies are 800 that I monitor.

sandman1991

Premium Subscriber
anntfor197

i use the austin spectra on my toyota pu with a trunk mount it works great. i am receiving bases 60 miles away and on a good day 100 miles as the crow flies

Status
Not open for further replies.