Pro 197 culver city p25/smartzone ii program help

Status
Not open for further replies.

billydunwoody

Premium Subscriber
I j ust bought a Radio Shack Pro-197, and need help programming it for Culver City,CA.

Interagency Communications Interoperability System (ICIS) Trunking System, Various, California -Scanner Frequencies

I have very little knowledge of digital trunking scanners. Thanks.

their frequency system is apco25 common air interface/smartzoneII

billydunwoody

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded ACR500, downloaded the frequencies and talkgroups for Culver City from radioreference and uploaded it to the scanner, and it just says scanning, with full 5 signal bars.

Clark

I downloaded ACR500, downloaded the frequencies and talkgroups for Culver City from radioreference and uploaded it to the scanner, and it just says scanning, with full 5 signal bars.

I'm not familiar with the detailed programming of the Pro 197 but it's imperative that the Bandplan or
sometimes called Custom Table be absolutely correct.
Base Freq. is 48135500
Step size is 12.5
Offset is 500
Just recently Culver PD has increased the use of their MDCs in their cars, so a lot of routine radio traffic has been eliminated. Of course, the Motor units will still be heard with traffic violatin radio stuff. All Fire radio traffic is still active. So if you only have PD talkgroups, there will be
long intervals of silence. Program a "wildcard" Talkgroup just to hear something and prove you have the system correct.

Clark in Mar Vista

billydunwoody

Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with the detailed programming of the Pro 197 but it's imperative that the Bandplan or
sometimes called Custom Table be absolutely correct.
Base Freq. is 48135500
Step size is 12.5
Offset is 500
Just recently Culver PD has increased the use of their MDCs in their cars, so a lot of routine radio traffic has been eliminated. Of course, the Motor units will still be heard with traffic violatin radio stuff. All Fire radio traffic is still active. So if you only have PD talkgroups, there will be
long intervals of silence. Program a "wildcard" Talkgroup just to hear something and prove you have the system correct.

Clark in Mar Vista

Should it be motorola 800/900 or p25. And its ok if i only choose the culver city site? After i programmed it, i hit MAN then f3, and it said 482.3625 and it was all a loud constant noise. Never stopped. Also, How do change/edit the custom table/bandplan is psredit500? thanks

Last edited:

DickH

Should it be motorola 800/900 or p25. And its ok if i only choose the culver city site? After i programmed it, i hit MAN then f3, and it said 482.3625 and it was all a loud constant noise. Never stopped. Also, How do change/edit the custom table/bandplan is psredit500? thanks

I don't know anything about your scanner or Culver City, BUT after entering all the freqs. push SCAN - NOT MAN.

Clark

Yes, it is OK to choose only the Culver City sits. It is a UHF band plan... look for that choice somewhere in the software program, not 800/900. Don't worry about P25, the scanner will decode the digital freqs. automatically. 482.3625 is the control channel at the present time and will not have voice radio traffic.

Join the Socalscan Yahoo Group for local info. Maybe someone on that group has a PRO 197.
Go here socalscan : Southern California scanner group

Clark

billydunwoody

Premium Subscriber
I'm using PSREdit500 with the radioreference premium account. Select ICIS, Culver City Site, select the police and fire talkgroups, import it to the radio. It says Motorola VHF/UHF. It says on my scanner, Top: T G. Below that: >>>SCANNING<<<. Below that: 1............. Last line: Interagency comm. Absolutley no talking, nothing whatsoever. Thanks for your help so far. And I reset my scanner back to factory settings BEFORE i imported the CC frequencies to my scanner.
!!!IUPDATE!!: I typed in 482.0625 on my scanner in tune, and get CCPD. It's like what happened on my old analog scanner, I can hear CCPD/Bus/Maint., and every once in a while there is a loud noise that stops transmission. When that noise comes on, the screen says VC: 1s TGID:8784. When the noise goes away, so does that. I have still not set up the trunking or any of that sort. really weird .

Last edited:

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
8784 is telemetry data for city utilities. Another one is 8752 which is CAD data. You want to lock those out from your scan list to avoid having to hear the data burst.

Clark

I'm using PSREdit500 with the radioreference premium account. Select ICIS, Culver City Site, select the police and fire talkgroups, import it to the radio. It says Motorola VHF/UHF. It says on my scanner, Top: T G. Below that: >>>SCANNING<<<. Below that: 1............. Last line: Interagency comm. Absolutley no talking, nothing whatsoever. Thanks for your help so far. And I reset my scanner back to factory settings BEFORE i imported the CC frequencies to my scanner.
!!!IUPDATE!!: I typed in 482.0625 on my scanner in tune, and get CCPD. It's like what happened on my old analog scanner, I can hear CCPD/Bus/Maint., and every once in a while there is a loud noise that stops transmission. When that noise comes on, the screen says VC: 1s TGID:8784. When the noise goes away, so does that. I have still not set up the trunking or any of that sort. really weird .

Nothing weird about it. The only thing that has changed is that Culver City PD and Fire are now digital. Some other city depts. are still analog.
They have been trunked for several years. 482.0625 is one of six channels they have used for several years on their trunked system. I have the impression you were not monitoring them as a trunked system, is that correct ? Was your old scanner Trunking capable ?

Clark

billydunwoody

Premium Subscriber
Nothing weird about it. The only thing that has changed is that Culver City PD and Fire are now digital. Some other city depts. are still analog.
They have been trunked for several years. 482.0625 is one of six channels they have used for several years on their trunked system. I have the impression you were not monitoring them as a trunked system, is that correct ? Was your old scanner Trunking capable ?

Clark
I was not monitoring it on the trunked system(still cant figure it out). My old scanner was an analog NON-trunking scanner(Pro-135).

billydunwoody

Premium Subscriber
It should be Motorola Type 2 - UHF and change your Base Frequency to 481.5500
Motorola VHF/UHF? I don't see an option for type 2 UHF on the scanner. Also, is the base frequency the same as the control frequency? Where would I change the base frequency in the scanner? Thanks.

Clark

Motorola VHF/UHF? I don't see an option for type 2 UHF on the scanner. Also, is the base frequency the same as the control frequency? Where would I change the base frequency in the scanner? Thanks.

You once stated that you were using PSREdit500, make or edit these change in the software and then send to the PRO 197
Look for System Type :Motorola VHF/UHF
and on the same display Trunking Tablles Custom/Edit Tables.

Clark

billydunwoody

Premium Subscriber
You once stated that you were using PSREdit500, make or edit these change in the software and then send to the PRO 197
Look for System Type :Motorola VHF/UHF
and on the same display Trunking Tablles Custom/Edit Tables.

Clark
What about the lo/hi channel? And do I only need to fill it in for Table 01? I have to do this manually, as my friend needed his cable back. Will be buying one sometime next week. I put in CH01: 482.36250 Ch02: 482.56250. Mot VHF/UHF. Talkgroup 38128(Tac 1/PD Dispatch). Went down to custom tables, selected table 01 and put Offset: 500. Base: 481.5500. Step:12.5. Still isn't working after all these settings. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.