Pro 197 FMN- vhf setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

I am working on a conventional vhf taxi system in Asheville. They are narrow fm. I set my EXPERT modulation setting to NFM and saved the settings individually for each input and out channel in the system. (the system is WQCB664) The modulation still sounds like a furry little chipmunk. Someone please let fumblefingers know if I have missed a step in my settings, or perhaps I am trying to listen to some type of encrypted system. I can't locate any specific information in files other than 'conventional'.

AlphaFive

Pro 197 FMN vhf setting

Thank you very much, that explains why when I had the modulation setting on automatic the hit listed it as FM, not nfm. I am going to have to dig a little deeper to find out why I am receiving Chester the Chipmunk..

RonnieUSA

Thank you very much, that explains why when I had the modulation setting on automatic the hit listed it as FM, not nfm. I am going to have to dig a little deeper to find out why I am receiving Chester the Chipmunk..

The bad thing about the 197's and the 106's is unless You set it to NFM You will always see FM, not sure why they choose to do it that way.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Are you SURE that the service you are listening to is not using inversion scrambling? Many taxi services have used this to keep other taxi services from stealing their fares. 73, n9zas

AlphaFive

Pro 197 FMN - vhf setting

Thanks so much, that's what I'm looking for. A year or so ago I had seen a passing reference about taxi companies using some type of encryption, and I couldn't find any recent information. Now I have something to work on. There's no doubt it's encrypted-scrambled-purposely distorted, thanks to Ronnie my settings are right, now I have a term to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.