Pro 197 Frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyrefghter746

Premium Subscriber
It's me again and I'm getting frustrated with this scanner. Please Help!! It's a Radio Shack Pro 197 and I can program a conventional freq. from Cleveland Airport and pick it up fine, however if I try to program a talkgroup from Belmont Co. (ohio) I get nothing. Not sure if i'm not programming right numbers in the right places. I thought if I subscribed to RR that I could find even more useful information but I can't find any more frequency info than before without buying more online software (which I really don't wanna do)

Any tips, tricks, or advise would greatly help
Thank You
Chris

Highpockets

It's me again and I'm getting frustrated with this scanner. Please Help!! It's a Radio Shack Pro 197 and I can program a conventional freq. from Cleveland Airport and pick it up fine, however if I try to program a talkgroup from Belmont Co. (ohio) I get nothing. Not sure if i'm not programming right numbers in the right places. I thought if I subscribed to RR that I could find even more useful information but I can't find any more frequency info than before without buying more online software (which I really don't wanna do)

Any tips, tricks, or advise would greatly help
Thank You
Chris

What software are you using?

fyrefghter746

Premium Subscriber
ok, when i look at the system talkgroups for belmont county, i see the letters "DEC", the decimal format thats used for programming trunk trackers. My question is this... when i make a new talkgroup in the scanner, where does this number go, or do i even use these numbers?

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
You need to add the trunked system as a new object and then add the system's frequencies as objects related to that system. Then you add the talkgroups and relate them to that system. Object-oriented scanners are a whole new world. You might be better off with the software and cable.

fyrefghter746

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

I finally figured it all out after 2 days, the scanner is doing exactly what I want it to do. thanks to all for the help, I was about to give up but with time and patience I got it!! and would you believe I went through all this just to program a scanner for a friend...now I just need to figure out what kind of scanner to buy for myself. Seeing how I have the PRO 197 down pat, maybe one for myself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.