pro 197 - i don't know what i'm doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

downdrift

i'm yet another computer tech who has been given a pro 197 to program channels into. this customer wants me to program 8 local channels into her scanner, and didn't provide me with the manual. when i looked up the manual (both the standard one at radioshack.com, and the easier to read one at marksscanners.com) have left me with a feeling of frustration. i've never used a scanner before, and i've had her scanner here for far too long. please help me just put them in so she can have it back?

the channels are nh plymouth pd 159.9000, ashland pd 155.7450, state police 154.2800, lrma 159.9000, vt state police st albans 460.025, st johnsbury 460.3000, barre 465.075, burlington 460.125

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
I've never owned the 197 itself, but my understanding of the easiest way to do this is:

To Create a new Conventional object(the freq's you want to enter) press PGM then F1 (NEW) then F2 (CONV).

A new conventional object is created in the Default Scan List and you are taken to the CONV Channel Menu.

You can see the CONV Channel Menu to edit the conventional channel if needed.

Menu changes do not take effect until the menu is saved F1 (Save). If you forget to save any changes, you will see 'Unsaved Changes! Go Back?'.

Press F1 (Yes) to go back or F3 (No) to exit without saving.

To be completely honest though, I'd return it to her and advise she gets the software, and programming cable. Then she could come here, and we'd have her up and going in mins.

downdrift

well, i thank you. i think that worked, but the only frequency i get anything on is weatherband, i'd assume that i should be able to test that this works, but i just get static.

RomeRon

OK, that post is much better than mine. I think I subconsciously wanted him to give up since he's charging her. :) Sorry, that must sound horrible.

Took me awhile to find it.

"I think I subconsciously wanted him to give up since he's charging her."
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.