Pro-197 ignoring TGRP problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muskratt

I'm just putting this out here in case someone else runs into this problem.

Problem was I programmed the pro-197 to scan some talkgroups on an EDACS system. At first I just programmed a wildcard group so I could see I was receiving OK. I then deleted the wildcard talkgroup, and programmed in about 10 specific talkgroups. Started scanning on the pro-197 and it never stopped on any of them. I had the bc346xt right next to it and it was receiving talkgroups just fine. If I manually selected a talkgroup on the pro-197 I knew was active (from watching the bc346xt), I could then hear talking on that talkgroup. But while scanning, the pro-197 would never stop on an active talkgroup.

Well, after trying several things, I finally came across a setting way down in the expert section of the GLOB menu called "TGRP Ignore". It was set to YES. I changed it to NO and starting scanning and FINALLY the scanner was stopping on the talkgroups I had programmed in.

Not sure how things got messed up like that. I usually do program scanners by hand, but have tried some of the free trial programs as well. On my other pro-197, I haven't noticed any talkgroups not getting any traffic, but just to be on the safe side, I set the "TGRP Ignore" setting to NO on that one too.

Muskratt

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks for posting that, I myself program by hand and somehow had also missed that setting and it was indeed switched to on.
It might explain why I rarely caught any "new" talkgroups on the wildcard.

Thanks, :cool:

n9zas

Muskratt

Glad to hear this might help you out. It might be a bug that only shows up under certain conditions.

I took a closer look at what I had programmed in the scanner. I did find that the TGRPs I programmed were duplicates of another scan list that I had disabled.

The description of "TGRP Ignore" states that if set to YES, TGRP wildcards will ignore calls on previously stored TGRPs that are mapped to disabled Scan Lists.

Sounds to me like it should only ignore those TGRPs if you have a wildcard programmed in. I had 10 specific TGRPs programmed in, and it was wrongly ignoring those since they were not wildcards.

Muskratt

Status
Not open for further replies.