Pro-197: Is there a force scan option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxiso

Is there a setting that will force the scanner to scan every few seconds or so?

I monitor my state police which is P25 and for some reason it hangs once they are done talking it just sits there for sometimes over a minute before it starts to scan and that is causing me to miss out on alot of other stuff... Also it is not the scanner itself it has to do with their end.. Any options?

Thanks.

Last edited:

voxiso

Yeah I been looking and I can not seem to find anything so I guess there is not an option for it I know Uniden has it thats why I asked my brother has one and he had to set it to force scan every 5 seconds cause of it

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yeah I been looking and I can not seem to find anything so I guess there is not an option for it I know Uniden has it thats why I asked my brother has one and he had to set it to force scan every 5 seconds cause of it

Either turn off the delay feature or lock it out completely.

n9zas

ak4fn

It has nothing to do with the squelch. It is KSP post 2, I assume that they are sending data cause it does not do this all the time. I have a system/bank (Uniden) set to force/scan automatically after 5 secs which I will resort to when they do this. I hate having to do it, because it will cut them off mid sentence. Weird thing is that post 1 does not do this.

RadioDaze

I'd like a "force scan" for a different purpose: Often I pause on a channel to make sure I don't miss a reply, and then discover 15 minutes later that I forgot to resume scanning.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
It has nothing to do with the squelch. It is KSP post 2, I assume that they are sending data cause it does not do this all the time. I have a system/bank (Uniden) set to force/scan automatically after 5 secs which I will resort to when they do this. I hate having to do it, because it will cut them off mid sentence. Weird thing is that post 1 does not do this.

Do you have the NAC set on those frequencies? There may be another transmiter on a near by frequency holding the carrier open.Setting the NAC might help just as using PL tones on FM channels.

ak4fn

I do have the NAC set (196). I also just for the heck of it, I tried it without the NAC to see if I heard anything when it does hang, I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.