PRO-197 low audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

slickchannels

Premium Subscriber
Been searching the forums for a solution and keep seeing folks brag about the great audio.

A coupla weeks ago when I bought my radio the audio was loud and clear.

Now it ain't. Have I somehow turned on universal attenuation or something?

I'm now using the 277-1008 mini-amplifier with an external speaker and it sounds great but I miss the stock audio performance.

Thanks.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Did you change a setting for the audio boost?

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
If you plugged a speaker into the headphone jack you should expect reduced audio volume. (so the headphone user doesn't suffer hearing damage)

If your problem is the internal speaker or a speaker plugged into the speaker jack in the back - nevermind.

slickchannels

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the tips. The problem persisted until I turned the scanner on one time and the display wacked-out and it was unable to receive anything. On 4-11 sent it to the Service Center via corporate retail store. Once it was diagnosed the repair estimate was $200 plus tax according to the online status page. Called the Service Center and asked to speak to the tech to see what he/she found and what parts needed to be replaced and was told that the techs do not talk to customers. I persisted and the girl said she would walk "clear across the building" and ask him. Within a minute she came back and said "he said he's fixing the receiver in the small gray box." Once the steam stopped coming out of my ears I authorized the unknown repair, vowing to myself to be their worst nightmare if the scanner came back less than perfect. Picked it up at the store today and all seems good. Loud audio and receives just fine. The repair invoice says "Replaced the PCB Assy Logic (part #XB92520). Repaired logic circuits. Aligned unit to max performance levels. Tested all functions. Thank you." The repair carries a 90-day warranty. My lesson from this is to bite the bullet and purchase the extended warranty on future scanners ... and to not expect any warm fuzzies from the folks at the repair center. Once again, thanks for your suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.